Other promoters being *@!$!# - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Yeah ya def want to take the high road on this one

Any new news yet?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

Na man, I'm going to send an email/text through to the club owner pretty soon and be like yo wtf is up?

Will update ya'll soon.

(btw sorry about the title of the thread, I was pissed off when I was writing it -_-)

Shady promoters. a lot of good advice here in this thread. Contracts are a great way to stop this sort of thing from happening. I swear by em, even it is for a mobile DJing gig, or a club night or whatever. Get it in writing so there is never any confusion

Have you tried talking with this other promoter ? That would be the first thing I would do . I mean to be perfectly honest I can understand how something like this can be frustrating but I've always found open honest and direct communication with people who I have a misunderstanding with usually works out well . I always try to keep in mind that just like a lot of DJ's promoters have these big egos which aren't who they really are . I know I myself would send the guy an email or have a meeting and let him know whats up and let him know he can either be a team player and give you and your crew the respect you deserve or he should back off nothing personal no threats no name calling he just needs to know that all parties involved have to be on the same page .

Tech Guru

^ Thats good advice bro. Thats pretty much my plan, I've just been told by other peole in the scene to avoid this guy at all costs as he is a royal fuckass. Will screw you over to get shit his own way, so I'm going to try and out him as much as possible. TBH I want nothing to do with him from this point on. I did try and be civil with him and he pretty much straight up said, na I'm taking over your shit, so take it. He went behind my back so I have no desire to include him and have no respect form him whatsoever at this point.

Then Don't sweat it people like that come around and then they fall off , OD , or get their ass messed up real good sooner or later . At the end of the day the promotions end of this is a business and the people who don't handle proper and honest business go under . Take someone like AC Slater dude used to live here in Philadelphia and got royally screwed over by a promoter here AC got so annoyed he moved to Brooklyn couple years later he's one of the most in demand DJ/producers around and the douchebag promoter ? Nobody knows where the hell he is now or cares for that matter lol . Basicly keep your head man and don't let some idiot compromise your character .

so i hear half the country hates this guy anyway dude, hes pretty much not gigging in auckland ever again
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post
    so i hear half the country hates this guy anyway dude, hes pretty much not gigging in auckland ever again
    Good shit. Make sure its the same with Hamilton as well as much as possible.

I will make sure hes not part of any of the shit we do down here either. Basically he can fuck right off. You act like a royal fuck smear and you will get the backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    Good shit. Make sure its the same with Hamilton as well as much as possible.

I will make sure hes not part of any of the shit we do down here either. Basically he can fuck right off. You act like a royal fuck smear and you will get the backlash.
    lolz hard. he was trying to run that bassweight tour, we were supposed to see grime the other night but he pulled out cos this 'evil' chap couldnt promise to pay him. wat kind of shit is this?

Edit: the messy kind
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast