Can we mod Vestax Spin and Serato DJ Intro - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    so it can only be looking at the 'name' of connected devices and nothing more cunning than that... i'm quite surprised really. good to know. it *might* also be looking at manufacturer info i guess - but those two are so close already. i'd just like to try out the software to see what it's like.
    Yes, it appears to look at two things:

1. The name stored in the midi audio system of OS X (Midi Audio Setup fixed that).

2. The name embedded in the binary file (previous post about the binary editor fixes that)

After that it runs. There are a few special keys that are not matched properly, but the platters, faders, pitch, sync, cues, and headphone monitor all seem to work just fine.

Tech Convert

Mind doing a walkthrough of the renaming midi process? I couldn't figure how to rename it, I'm using OSX Lion and it doesn't look like the screenshots you posted. Props by the way!
    Last edited by audible; 03-25-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Tech Convert

Sure. I'll put something together perhaps today or tomorrow.

Tech Convert

I'm thinking it might not be possible with OSX Lion's midi setup because they took out the feature, maybe I need to get a certain software. Thanks for letting me know soon, I actually bought a Numark Mixtrack Pro online yesterday oddly enough. If this works well, I'll cancel my order, I like Vestax's build quality better.

Tech Convert

oh nevermind! it's another window on the midi setup. i think i got it now.

You're a genius djcharles. the only thing that doesn't seem to work is the 12345 cue points on the keyboard... i'm not sure why. but overall i'm really impressed how well everything else works.
    Last edited by audible; 03-25-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Tech Convert

after playing with it a while, i found out that i accidentally turned on the shift key feature and that prevented the cue points. updated to the latest version. all is good. here's a picture showing it works and my conversion of my spin to a typhoon with paper stickers and a marker. thanks again!

IMG_1218.jpg
    Last edited by audible; 03-25-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by audible View Post
    after playing with it a while, i found out that i accidentally turned on the shift key feature and that prevented the cue points. updated to the latest version. all is good. here's a picture showing it works and my conversion of my spin to a typhoon with paper stickers and a marker. thanks again!

IMG_1218.jpg

Cool!!! I'm glad it worked for you! I made a video of the midi setup. I'll just need to post all of this someplace so others can benefit.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by audible View Post
    oh nevermind! it's another window on the midi setup. i think i got it now.

You're a genius djcharles. the only thing that doesn't seem to work is the 12345 cue points on the keyboard... i'm not sure why. but overall i'm really impressed how well everything else works.
    Thanks! The first thing that I was impressed with is that scratching tracking being sooooooo much better than DJay. My platters respond so much better using Intro DJ.

I also figured out that the in/out loop (decrements the loop beat count) and the fx (increments the loop beat count). The auto toggles loops.

Tech Convert

also turn down the latency, sometimes the scratching sounds a bit digital, but so did djay moreso. One thing i think they'll fix soon hopefully is the font size, it's too small. On my scratchlive setup you have control over that.

set (cue) button also acts weird, i can't tell if it cues the point or sets it sometimes. i keep tapping it till it does it or press shift cue to reset it. wish they also had midi assign so i can add another midi controller.

Tech Wizard

interesting as when i tried it, i never changed the name in midi setup.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk2 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850 | Pioneer DJM-600 | Serato Scratch Live 1 | Pioneer HDJ-500 W |

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast