Where in the US? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    I'm still new to south florida and miami is pretty sweet, I would say better than NYC for music.

I am a big fan of the techno loft at space. Are there any other places with a dedicated techno/tech house scene?
    Cool. Glad you like it. Where did you move in from?

There a few spots that are not completely dedicated to just playing house music every night, but do have nights where it is solely house music.

Here are a few:

LIV
    Mansion
    Arkadia
    SET
    Mokai
    Amnesia
    Grand Central

These venues always have lots of big name DJ's on a weekly basis.

If you are on Twitter, I would suggest following @HouseMusicMiami. This is where I get my info on House music events that are going on.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    On the subject of Dallas is there any decent techno/tech house anywhere? I don't get out very much anymore because I'm old and can't really get into the more popular club stuff.

Lizard Lounge of course is probably the most popular with the Electro crowd. Been that way for years now. Different promoters, but still pretty much an EDM club. Mantus lounge in dntn is primarily house and dance, my favorite so far. Zubar in lower Greenville now has a promoter that is trying out House, Progressive house once a month on Thurs. Something that started up about a month or two ago is Proxy in Irving, mainly Electro and Dubstep. Really young crowd though. Been once, not my scene. There is a small club called Privado that is somewhat doing Electro/Dubstep, but still leaning toward open format.

For after hours, you have Insomnia and few other smaller ones that I can't think of right now.

Oh forgot you also have Zouk. Although still somewhat open format, they are leaning towards the EDM scene, albeit on the more Pop EDM side of things. Have had a lot of big names come through there lately. Morgan Page, Nadia Ali will be there in Mar. They've had Riddler in there, if I am not mistaken on the venue, I believe Afrojack was in there earlier this year too.
    Last edited by DJ ATX; 12-28-2011 at 03:06 PM.
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Thanks Al, I'll put Mantus and Zubar on my radar.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Born and raised in SF and I still live here. The party scene is pretty healthy. Being the Burning Man capital of the world we have everything you could think of. On a weekly basis we have; Goa, hardstyle, DnB, dubstep, house, fidget, electro, minimal, techno, tech house, breaks and even a dub night (i mean real dub not dubstep). You just have to know where to look. The burning man crews travel from club to club throwing different parties. If you're into techno in general check out Opulent Temple or Distrikt. They both throw great tech parties. NYE with Lee Coombs this year, can't wait! Send me a message if you wanna know more.

Tech Mentor

im currently in miami and have to say that the music scene is always onpoint, and i mean come on. Miami hosts Ultra!, amongst other EDM festivals

Quote Originally Posted by papo218 View Post
    Cool. Glad you like it. Where did you move in from?

There a few spots that are not completely dedicated to just playing house music every night, but do have nights where it is solely house music.

These venues always have lots of big name DJ's on a weekly basis.

If you are on Twitter, I would suggest following @HouseMusicMiami. This is where I get my info on House music events that are going on.
    Yeah cool, definitely no problem finding house music around here, I should be more clear I was wondering about techno and tech-house nights though other than space.

I go to grand central a fair bit but mostly for electro stuff there. I'll check out that twitter usually I just check out clubzone for events.

Thanks so much guys for all the advice!!! I was completly lost on this matter.

I really love NY but my money wont last much there. I was not convinced if Miami would be a good choice but reading your comments and considering the costs of living there the idea is growing on me now

Need to make a desicion by the end of next week :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Thanks Al, I'll put Mantus and Zubar on my radar.

Mantus is nice. Its 2 block from my work been trying to get a spot there for a year now, but they really tied to a good DJ crew. Can't blame them.

Zubar is still catching on. The whole House/Prog House night started last Sept I believe, and doing it only once a month makes it difficult to really take hold.

Here's the website to Mantus: http://www.mantusdallas.com/index2.html
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by alien2k View Post
    where are the best Tech House, Minimal, Techno parties in the US?? Where is the best place to be a DJ in the US? What do you think???
    i think nyc ainec.

lots of house/minimal/tech/techno parties mostly in brooklyn from promoters such as blk|market membership, verboten, dog & pony show, mister saturday night, basic nyc, halcyon, wolf + lamb, etc. good clubs (district 36, public assembly, cielo, 12 turn 13, ...) as well as great warehouse parties. warehouse/loft parties go pretty late and laws on alcohol sales hours and smoking tend to get ignored. good afterparties, too
    Last edited by rgtb; 12-29-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12