Ultrabooks for dj'ing
    Tech Guru

Default Ultrabooks for dj'ing

Anyone do this? Has anyone thought about doing this?

These things are really starting to become more powerful, just saw that samsung is releasing a 14 inch ultrabook, already out in korea...

Just seeing if it is possible or if traktor/ableton gives any problems with them.

My laptop is completely broken and i'm keeping this thing together with tape en random wires, why?
    There will be A LOT ultrabook release and the prices will drop.

The S3 already has a ssd, battery life of 5+ hours and a decent screen (low resolution though)

But yeah, i'm waiting on the price wars and new ultrabooks. These things are made for mobilty and there sure are powerfull enough for DJing.

Next year i expect standard i5's, 3 x usb 3, higher resolutions etc etc.
    ultrabooks will put macbooks to shame, sort of.
    (i love macs as much as all of you but outside of the os you'll get better hardware for less cash!)

NI Kontrol S2
    NI Traktor pro 2
    HD 25-1 II
    Behringer B1030A 5"

Got myself a i7 Macbook Air. It was hellishly expensive, but I'm so happy with it that it's totally worth the price for me. And it runs ITCH with 1ms latency like he can run it 10 times in parallel, so I guess Traktor and Ableton should be fine as well.

Wait whatever you want, I'm laughing at people lugging those heavy mofos with them for months already

Quote Originally Posted by Sublim&All View Post
    Got myself a i7 Macbook Air. It was hellishly expensive, but I'm so happy with it that it's totally worth the price for me. And it runs ITCH with 1ms latency like he can run it 10 times in parallel, so I guess Traktor and Ableton should be fine as well.

Wait whatever you want, I'm laughing at people lugging those heavy mofos with them for months already
    Same sitch.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Already seen the Asus 13' ultra book (Zenbook) and yeah its a nice piece of kit "But" .. it was still coming in around $100 more expensive than the Air and didn't have half the build quality ... inside I'm sure its a gem, but to just hold, touch, smell, I don't think anything comes close to an Apple (yet).

In saying that if samsung/Asus/MSI or anyone else brings a 13/14' out with serious specs and build quality to rival the Air with more than $250 difference (including win7 ultimate) I might be in.

Tech Guru

I was looking at the lenovo u300s....but its pricey as hell.

the zenbook looks flimsy to me and im not a fan of the samsung series 9.

Seems like acer has come the closest to what im thinking of especially at the price.

At home right now I have a samsung series 7, not sure if i want to keep it....its a killer machine but i just wish it was unibody or all metal construction, im worried about the durability but for $800 i don't think anything comes close to it right now.

that lenovo is damn sexy... I like the asus too but the cover is too flashy for me...

there's supposed to be a bunch announced soon so I would wait a few months. The problem is that not long after win 8 is going to be out, so I think ultimately I may wait until windows 8 is out for my next lappy (which will be an ultrabook for sure)

I think we're going to see a lot of Ultrabooks soon, when every PC manufacturer hops on the bandwagon, they're probably going to be the "new" netbooks. Personally I'd hold off a year or so though, until Ivy Bridge is released, as well as manufacturers work out the early bugs and quirks.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!