Buying budget studio monitors - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Let me rephrase myself: I prefer personally to hear and to learn to appreciate the music the way it was meant to sound. As a DJ, I guess you prefer to know precisely what exactly is the impact of your DJ techniques on the played music. I guess that could either be possible on flat studio monitors, or on a setup that represents a club sound system.

I got to admit, I bought these speakers with the thought in the back of my mind that, someday, I would start with producing my own music. But I never got that far

Let me just clarify that I wouldn't take anything over KRKs for what I paid for them or even if I was buying new probably, they sound worlds better than anything I've heard in that price range.

However when OP is talking about a $100 budget for speakers, studio monitors might be a poor choice since you can't get anything other than junk.

This is what $100 for "monitors" gets you

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=REG&A=details

They are awful.

The ones on sale for $150 might be a decent deal and work for you, my limited experience with them is they start to really struggle and sound muddy when you play them loud within normal DJ volume and are not near as good as KRKs.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 12-29-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123