Some buttons are not lighting up
    Tech Convert

Default Some buttons are not lighting up

Some of the buttons on my unit are not lighting up when pressed. Both Key, Loop and Cue buttons, as well as the Performance Juggle button will not light up when any performance know is turned to the right.

From the instruction video I noticed that the middle deck button and the 4 effects buttons (mix/frz and speed) do not light up.

The Cue 1 to 4 buttons for each jog do light up of which only the Drop and Play button turn from white to blue colour when pressed down.
    The Scratch/Juggle buttons are lit up white and only go off when pressed. The Snap button switches white/blue when pressed. The Deck C button is always lit up white.

Am I overlooking something or is this be a faulty unit? :eek:

Tested in both 1.2 and 1.3 mode, in 1.2 the only difference is that the Snap button does not turn blue when pressed.
    Last edited by Marc; 06-12-2008 at 05:33 PM.

Have you checked that MIDI OUT is selected in Traktor? That seems to be the issue another user had. You need to make sure Traktor is SENDING and Recieving MIDI from the vci-100.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    Have you checked that MIDI OUT is selected in Traktor? That seems to be the issue another user had. You need to make sure Traktor is SENDING and Recieving MIDI from the vci-100.
    I can't check now but I'm pretty sure MIDI out is enabled too. I was wondering if the operation of the buttons is regardless of the Traktor version and used tks file (in case with the full Traktor version.)

I'll recheck when I get back home.

Tech Convert

Issue solved.

Although the VCI was shown and selected for both midi in and out, there was nothing going back to the controller. However I noticed with Deckadance some output being sent to the VCI. Seems there's a problem with the chipset driver and/or USB driver/port.
    On another pc it works as described. (Tho still the effect buttons not lighting up but that has been mentioned by another user before.)

This is incredible, is just like Mr. Golden reads my mind ... the other day i had an issue and already there was a tutorial posted here... Now today i had this little button probles after i upgraded my traktor and once again here's the answer again.

Thanks guys you are REALLY doing a great job here.

Chris Romanelli

Tech Mentor

Im having the same problems with the FX light buttons not lighting up. Anybody knows how to fix this?
    Thank Ya!!!

Tech Mentor

I forgot to mention, I have a macbook pro running 10.5.4, vci-100se, the latest tks file from Ean and Traktor 3.3. I have selected the vestax controller for midi in and out.
    Thank Ya!!!

The FX buttons do not light up- there is no way to get that info out of Traktor. Its a limitation of the midi in the software and not a hardware bug.