Frogstar's Zombie Raver Vomit setup - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Do you have a better camera?

This one is not doing your work justice...

Im just too lazy to take the chip out of my camera.. so I always use my crappy phone cam

looks awesome!...theres functionality to those tags on the wall?
    KODIAKRECORDS
    [CENTER]

Tech Wizard

Wow, much better!

Why did you ditch the MBP?

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak Records View Post
    looks awesome!...theres functionality to those tags on the wall?
    I normally use the tags on the APC or Maschine or Impulse controller. The wall is just where I stick them until I need them. The wall is actually a felt greenscreen for compositing video or stuff like that. All tags are laminated 10mil thick plastic with velcro(hook side) backing. Then the controllers have the loop side of the velcro

Quote Originally Posted by Smaze View Post
    Wow, much better!

Why did you ditch the MBP?
    The computer I think to some degree atleast for me ... Limits what I can do. Obviosly I can run this whole thing into my soundcard and mix it in Ableton.. but Once I start doing that.. I fixate on different VSTs and how they will change the incoming sounds. This is fun, but I then spend half my time away from the actuall drum machines and need MIDI controllers to do the ableton stuff.. which I have plenty of.. but it becomes a situation that you need 6 arms, two heads.. And I just get nothing accomplished. sure its fun to jam around with the computer and gear.. I just am trying to flow more with hardware for the moment. I guess its just the limiting of options that allows you to just accept things and move on

I had one setup where I use Maschine instead of Ableton and have all the incoming signals routed so I can use Machine to mute or solo or then have FX and stuff to controll and so forth. Im waiting on getting an Innerclocksystem because of the DAW to hardware sync problem that cannot be fixed 100% without it. Nothing is worse than some slight offset that changes around and puts beats out of sync
    Last edited by djfrogstar; 01-18-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Originally Posted by Oliosky
    I love my mommy's milk
    WTF!

A while ago, I stumbled upon pictures of your ESX somewhere (I think it was korgforums). You should post those, it looked awesome!
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

dude great setup, and i love anything fluorescent just as much as the next guy, but damn if you're setup room doesnt look like a crazy version of Oogie Boogie's lair from Nightmare Before Christmas if i was tripping hardddd. lol but great vid aswell! keep it up man

Tech Wizard

Have you thought about painting your walls zombie raver vomit style?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast