Frogstar's Zombie Raver Vomit setup - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scott305 View Post
    What are all the labels on the board, you mean like you have velcro labels for controls that you swap out depending on how something is mapped?
    yeah I made around 1500 5 mil thick laminated labels with hook velcro for most of my midi controllers. From A-Z, 1-20... each in 4 UV colors... then most synth related elements. LFO, res,cut off.. stuff like that.. then little skulls, instrument types.. Im always changing controllers and setups... but when I do set one up... I rarely commit anything to muscle memory.. If I have a routine.. then Ill use the labels .. and change it as needed... I dont like to hit the wrong buttons.. and need things to register fast. I dont normally sequence things in a linear way.. more jam oriented.. So this is ideal... since its all UV.. I can see it in the dark for the most part.
    I have 2 UV LED chauvet shadows controlled with VST DMXIS.. So I can sync anything to LFOs or kick and snare. Or in best case scenarios I can hack into an entire club lighting system just with one DMX cable... assuming they let me do that

Im going to do a weekly 2 hour liveset on USTREAM soon.. So ill post a link once thats ready to go. Gangster Psybient gabber hop step kind of style... or breakcore.. whatever you want to call it... just noise at end of the day. should sound similar to skrillex's impacted prolapse on a frying pan
    Originally Posted by Oliosky
    I love my mommy's milk
    WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by "djfrogstar
    Gangster Psybient gabber hop step kind of style... or breakcore.. whatever you want to call it... just noise at end of the day. should sound similar to skrillex's impacted prolapse on a frying pan
    I just crapped in my pants...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

You use DMXIS? My partner in crime just got one and is about to start using it for our shows. Do you enjoy it?
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon View Post
    You use DMXIS? My partner in crime just got one and is about to start using it for our shows. Do you enjoy it?
    Well Im not sure if ENJOY really is a word I would use. But yes its ultra simple.. has most DMX lights to date in their database.. It somehow knows what you have too... I plugged it in... opened the vst in ableton.. and it found my light... and all the things that the light can do just appear perfectly labelled and everything. I linked my bass lfo to the brightness of the LEDs.. so it is all tempo synced.. in my case its just a UV blacklight flood/wash...... but if you have something that can point or has RGB values you can do all sorts of stuff... just feed all your midichannels into the DMX and away you go. of course you can use audio as well. So kick drum turns it red... hi hats shift it to purple.. and so forth. if you plan ahead you can easily take over a clubs lighting system depending on how they have it setup.

afaik it doesnt affect cpu at all.. I dont use ableton for anything but routing midi. all my sounds come from hardware.

There is also a footswitch control which is awesome.. you can engage, or disengage presets and have a dedicated switch.. cheap 10 dollar tap tempo box will work
    I love my mommy's milk
    WTF!

Tech Mentor

Wow. Insane! Good for you. For me, would get on my nerves the raver vomit after a while. But imo time and happy existence is the most precious things we have... So if it adds to your groove good deal! Nice setup too..jealous of your circlon + all of it!

Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    Well Im not sure if ENJOY really is a word I would use. But yes its ultra simple.. has most DMX lights to date in their database.. It somehow knows what you have too... I plugged it in... opened the vst in ableton.. and it found my light... and all the things that the light can do just appear perfectly labelled and everything. I linked my bass lfo to the brightness of the LEDs.. so it is all tempo synced.. in my case its just a UV blacklight flood/wash...... but if you have something that can point or has RGB values you can do all sorts of stuff... just feed all your midichannels into the DMX and away you go. of course you can use audio as well. So kick drum turns it red... hi hats shift it to purple.. and so forth. if you plan ahead you can easily take over a clubs lighting system depending on how they have it setup.

afaik it doesnt affect cpu at all.. I dont use ableton for anything but routing midi. all my sounds come from hardware.

There is also a footswitch control which is awesome.. you can engage, or disengage presets and have a dedicated switch.. cheap 10 dollar tap tempo box will work

sweet man, thanks for the info!
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Have all my stuff broken into 4 seperate stations.. Here is station #1 TheBullfrog

Sequentrix Cirkon Sequencer-Elektron AnalogFour,Elektron Machinedrum,Elektron Monomachine,Jomox Mbase11,Jomox Mbrane1_1, Eventide Space, Oto Biscuit, Strymon Timeline, Strymon Mobius, Vermona Kick Lancet, Access Virus Snow, CThru Axis 49, NI Maschine, Motu Track 16, KM Softstep, DMXIS

MAschine is used to control DMX lighting. DAW used for routing can be anything.. but preferred DAW is Studio One.
    Last edited by djfrogstar; 06-23-2013 at 07:32 PM.
    I love my mommy's milk
    WTF!

Tech Guru

haha love it man.

Quite a unique set up if you ask me. These are just tools for your creativity, As long as they do what you want them to do, Who cares what others think.
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

Love it, although I couldn't do it myself. If I did it might stop my RGAS as I don't think I'd be able to resell stuff. Ever tried to sell any of your gear/art? I dig Studio one it's a very underestimated DAW.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast