Which Will Be Your First Track Of 2012???
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Which Will Be Your First Track Of 2012???

Hey guys, so for those of you who have gigs on NYE, like the title says, which will be your first track of 2012 that you will play after the countdown?

I've got a pretty big gig lined up for NYE, I'm DJ'ing for the NYE crew party on the cruise ship that I work on, +- 500 crew!

Now as much as I love playing House and Tech etc, for this NYE party it will be mostly commercial pop/dance and maybe I'll squeeze in some House. So I've been thinking what track I'll be choosing to play as my first track of 2012.

So what will be yours? Have you decided yet? Also, have some of you guys come up with or downloaded some cool NYE countdown voice over etc? I've been looking for one but no luck so far...
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

If i was playing then the first track would be Scotty - Braveheart, purely because the gig i was offered was in scotland.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Mentor

Ooooooo tough choice.

Depends what kinda gig I was playing. At the minute though, probably something by Channel X or Nicole Moudaber.
    Surrey PA Hire

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Banger used to mean a hot track. Now it means link sausage.

don't know bout that yet, still looking for the perfect track, but the last one of 2011 will be "one more time - daft punk" love that track but might mix in the screwface remix if I can sway the crowd towards big breaks, although after that I might take it towards epic closing tracks... It really depends on the energy levels of the crowd at the time as usually everyone has had enough by 1:00 - 2:00am cause they have been drinking all day.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Yeah I'm not decided yet for my first track. If i could it would def be something on the house/tech side, but this NYE gig is going to be mostly Top 40, so I need to play something in the Top 40, thats popular and on the charts at the moment.....

Maybe LMFAO, Maroon5, etc.... meh....
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Tech Mentor

If I was playing, it'd definitely be Empire of the Sun - "We are the People", possibly the bootleg w/ Eric Prydz - "Mirage".

Tech Wizard

Hmm after Auld Lang Syne It would depend if we go right into Karaoke like I think we did last year or if the peeps decide to dance some more. If they decide to dance more then something that starts out big to get then right back into the mood. Not sure what that's going to be and have only two more days to figure it out. I'll be Djing with another friend at his house party so we'll have to see.
    MMM Making Music With Food. Yep! Taste good and sound good too!

Whatever I haven't played yet. I play in an open format club where we take request, so for me to plan something is pointless.
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

Thing i would play an electro house track with a OMGWTFLULZ drop, and I would tweak it so the build up lasts like 2 minutes (16*16 bars). Something really big to create a non-sustainable tension, and then 2012 and the drop comes as a relief.

Few ideas that just poped up in my head :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hLdHi1wWVc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEDXYa9qk9w

Btw the uploader sucked on the 2nd video, the real title is : Spencer&Hill ft Lil Jon - Less Go (Porter Robinson remix)

| TSP2 | Behringer DJX 750 | NI Audio 8 | Asus Eee PC | Novation Launchpad | Kontrol X1 | 2x Technics 1210 MK II's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast