Sound Output question? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

I would suggest going to or at least talking with a professional at a music store. Tell them what you have going on and see what they say.
    MMM Making Music With Food. Yep! Taste good and sound good too!

Tech Mentor

The thing that worries me about your speakers: RMS _should_ be roughly 2/3rds of the peak, not half. So either that RMS value is incorrect, or the peak value is ...
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

Tech Convert

yea you might be right that something is funy about those speakers. In fact I talked to guy yesterday who had exactly the same speakers and he said that he blew one by using them at recomented wattage, and that 100w each is ideal.
    Im only lacking 35w each speaker with the current amp, but Im still looking for options.

Modding the speakers by removing tweeters and stuffing them with polyfill brings great results I've heard, but If I dont a new amp soon, no need to do that for right now.

question: Can I buy an amp rated way higher then the speakers? I want to get 1000w-2000w just to be later on if I get more speakers or upgrade, can I still it with these speakers as long as I dont turn it up too high?

Thanks

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by chefmix View Post
    I would suggest going to or at least talking with a professional at a music store. Tell them what you have going on and see what they say.
    Lesson learned I should have done that, I will take bigger precautions next time, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12