RekordBox users? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I tried that but they never sent me the key , I have emailed support but no reply yet.
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Tech Mentor

Default RekordBox users?

Quote Originally Posted by 123xyz View Post
    stupid me

thx!

No worries, buddy.

If you have any questions about the software, feel free to ask. I've clocked many, many hours of usage I'd be happy to try and assist.
    Last edited by Rev1911; 01-05-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by neilmcm View Post
    I tried that but they never sent me the key , I have emailed support but no reply yet.
    I've directed a few people to that site and they've had no issue obtaining a license key. Hopefully it'll arrive shortly.

So i've used the Recordbox software..it's simple nothing too fancy about.
    was preparing my USB stick to use in a gig, creating playlist on it.
    I dont have a compatible player with recordbox now & i dont plan to use it anymore.

But it does trigger 'want to upgrade' feeling after using them
    The thoughts of connecting CDJs with LAN cable, recordbox as track management program really interest me! but then to fully enhanced the experience i may as well upgrade my mixer to djm900 at least.. :P

i'm a RekordBox user; i prefer it over over Traktor; ok it's a bit buggy sometimes but the CDJ's are so stable !
    Kontrol X1MK2 <3

I use Rekordbox.

I have a love/hate relationship with it. The critical parts that need to work well, i.e. beatgridding and setting loop/cue points, do. The rest of it is clunky and counter-intuitive, in my opinion. Updating playlists on a USB key takes way longer than it should - it seems like it wants to re-upload half of the tracks that are already on the USB key... What else.. Going into and out of full screen resizes my columns, larger, so doing so a couple of times in a row results in very wide columns in the library view (not-so-sexy solution is of courses to not use full screen, I'm just saying it shouldn't do that). I've experienced some inconsistencies as far as how and when it writes id3 tags, and am still trying to figure out the purpose of the "reload id3 tag" option (all it does for me is delete all the information I've entered for a song).

Then there's the FAQ on Pioneer's website, which lists a huge number of questions, half of which seem like the most appropriate answer should be "we're working on fixing this right now," but is instead something to the effect of "don't do this" or "you're doing this wrong."

Anyways, at the end of the day I like the system of preparing in software and playing on hardware, and I've yet to have something go wrong while using a CDJ, so I can manage.
    I blow stuff up

I also use Rekord box. It works well to an extent. I sometime crashes when analyzing tracks, and uploading does take forever the first time. But overall the experience on a CDJ is so damn good its worth it. I have CDJ 900s now and I love having rekord box.

That being said I still have to burn cds, or use traktor cause a lot of smaller clubs don't have rekord box compatible decks, which makes it a huge pain in the ass.

If i could just bring a thumb drive with me to gig I would all the freaking time.

Tech Mentor

Another Rekordbox user, love how it shows me accurate BPM on my CDJs ! Before CDJs i used traktor, but after crashing 2 times i gave up on that and bought 350s.

So far I can say I really dislike Rekord box. Crashes on me all the time when analyzing tracks.

Doesn't upload my playlist right when going off of bridge for itunes. Its weird I have a set called Nu-Disco. I export to my thumb. It shows the tracks being uploaded however when I go to thumb, its has all the wrong tracks on there! Like from my prog set. For some reason it can't locate the files correctly, or it uploads the wrong thing. Really frustrating.

Tech Wizard

I used it often before I bought Traktor and I never really had any problems with it. It never crashed, always analysed tracks well (can't always say the same for Traktor), and was easy enough to create playlists quickly and cue points

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast