RekordBox users?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default RekordBox users?

Despite the software being buggy from time to time, I love it. I really think it's only going to get better with future updates and features.

Any other CDJ/RekordBox users out there?

read that completely the wrong way...

my apologize...
    Last edited by keithace; 12-28-2011 at 10:05 PM.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Mentor

No worries, man.

Looking for other RekordBox users as it seems most folks on here are Traktor or Serato people.
    Last edited by Rev1911; 12-29-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Hey there Rev1911,

I do use it and I find it very useful. The program itself feels a bit cheap and doesnt have a exclusive touch or good finnish.
    Although it does the job, get my musiclibrary in order copied to my USB sticks and it works fine. Awesome to do analysis and tag tracks when your on the go.
    I got a pair of cdj 850's at home which i use together with a djm 800.
    I know all this is possible in traktor too, but its a great achievement that you can have your library sorted on a small usb stick, 32gb of tracks is more than good enough for a evening..
    compared to my cd case with 124 cds.. took me months to label and burn everything and its not even 1/4 of the music that I can get into the sticks.
    Thats why I tested controllers, had the s4 but sold it.
    Had to, because my brand new macbook wasnt reliable. Sadly.
    the cdjs are rocksolid in my opinion, never ever had a problem with any and I had a few!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beijer View Post
    Hey there Rev1911,

I do use it and I find it very useful. The program itself feels a bit cheap and doesnt have a exclusive touch or good finnish.
    Although it does the job, get my musiclibrary in order copied to my USB sticks and it works fine. Awesome to do analysis and tag tracks when your on the go.
    I got a pair of cdj 850's at home which i use together with a djm 800.
    I know all this is possible in traktor too, but its a great achievement that you can have your library sorted on a small usb stick, 32gb of tracks is more than good enough for a evening..
    compared to my cd case with 124 cds.. took me months to label and burn everything and its not even 1/4 of the music that I can get into the sticks.
    Thats why I tested controllers, had the s4 but sold it.
    Had to, because my brand new macbook wasnt reliable. Sadly.
    the cdjs are rocksolid in my opinion, never ever had a problem with any and I had a few!

Was hoping I wasn't the only one on DJTT! Thanks for your input.

The software is definitely lacking in some areas, but I think as demand rises and more people get to using it the overall usability will improve. Some folks have had issues with random errors here and there, but my experience has been vastly rock-solid.

I run 2000s with a DJM-800 and I love the decks. I started on a NS7, then went to a S4, then went SSL with Techs... and I'm much happier with straight CDJs. No more being chained to a laptop.

And yeah, being able to pack a 32gig jump drive full of tracks and be set to play anywhere with 850s/900s/2000s is awesome.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I wonder what Pioneer's plans are on progressing the software? Are they going to get it to where it just works and leave it at that or are they going to keep updating it and making it better? I hope it's the latter.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

I lurk over on the Pio forums and from what I gather they're definitely going to continue improving it and adding features. There was/is considerable disappointment and much gnashing of teeth over the software's shortcomings... It's in Pio's best interest to keep progressing and hopefully be able to one day provide a new, reputable 'club standard' (i.e. the CDJ-1000).

2000s have already caught on in the major club circles, now we just need RekordBox to be as stable as spinning straight CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev1911 View Post
    Was hoping I wasn't the only one on DJTT! Thanks for your input.

The software is definitely lacking in some areas, but I think as demand rises and more people get to using it the overall usability will improve. Some folks have had issues with random errors here and there, but my experience has been vastly rock-solid.

I run 2000s with a DJM-800 and I love the decks. I started on a NS7, then went to a S4, then went SSL with Techs... and I'm much happier with straight CDJs. No more being chained to a laptop.

And yeah, being able to pack a 32gig jump drive full of tracks and be set to play anywhere with 850s/900s/2000s is awesome.
    Sure dude, there is plenty people who uses cdjs here, although perhaps most does it DVS style.
    Controller/laptop is although still very convenient for me because I just got my first apartment with my girl and it's only 38 sqm big. But I have to admit I like to mix more on the cdjs than the s4.
    I had to create a special made table for my mixer and cd players in order to make it workout.
    Im quite proud of my creation, this bench holds either of pioneers bigger platter cd players + 9 inch mixer i.e djm 800,900,600,700, xone 62 etc.
    And it fits like a glove, let me show you some pics later

Tech Mentor

Yeah, seems most on this board are using CDJs as controllers for a DVS setup. Hence, why I started this thread... to see who (if any) uses CDJs as a straight CD/RekordBox player.

I'd be interested to see your table/booth. I've toyed with the idea of building one based off the Ikea setups shown on the forum. There is a HUGE Ikea store about 45min from my house.

I do use it when I am forced to use CDJs. Literally when every other possible option is a no go, then I'll just use it to prevent the hassle of 100s of cds or a couple flash drives.

But when I hear "You can use whatever gear you wa...."
    Traktor is already booted up and the S4 (maybe with TTs) hooked up before he can finish that sentance.

I'd take an S4 over a CDJ/DJM 2000 set up any day of the week !
    But I do feel fancy when I'm playing on a pioneer set up :P

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast