Rutroh... external hard drive trouble... gig NYE
    Tech Mentor

Default Rutroh... external hard drive trouble... gig NYE

So I moved all my music over to an external hard drive, moving it as suggested by iTunes. I then followed the instructions to redirect traktor over to my external, and it worked. Then I got home and realized I didn't have enough usb ports to run my external, audio 8, and my midi fun.

Somewhere in moving stuff around I opened traktor without my external connected. It gave an error message saying it couldn't find it naturally, and that it couldn't recreate one. I thought, whatever. Well, when I reattached the hard drive and started traktor it won't start. It acts like it wants to, but then never pops up and I have to force quit out.

Thanks for your help

Tech Mentor

I have the problem in VDJ where you have to connect the hard drive and let it be recognized before opening the software. Then you can locate it in the browser of the software. Traktor should be the same. Not sure if this is what you're talking about though.

Tech Mentor

Traktor won't even start up... it's in a loop with itself trying to initiate the database. I'm just reinstalling. Gross.

Tech Mentor

Tried that... and it still won't start... no response from NI... bad things only happen before gigs.

Tech Mentor

Just as a reference if this ever happens to anyone and they're searching the forums, I had to....

Completely reinstall
    Import the settings file from the external hard drive
    Redirect the Root Directories to the External Again
    Poof Done... Simple fix. Thankkkk Godddddd.