tp2 upgrade key
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tp2 upgrade key

Default tp2 upgrade key

hey guys kinda confused on how this works but heres the story......i just picked up a brand new audio6 today to use with my turntables. I already have the traktor 2 software installed being that I had my s4 and purchased the s4 scratch upgrade which should be traktor 2. From my understanding if I wanted to use my turntables with hooking to the s4 that all I would need is an interface which is why i bought the audio 6 box. So since I already have tp2 installed I won't need the new tp2 key to get it to work right???

Also if I want to retrieve the tp2 upgrade key it says that i need to register traktor LE first then they're gonna email me the tp2 key?? can someone correct me if im wrong please. TNX

and if I won't need the key its up for sale @$100

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DjSmiles808 View Post
    hey guys kinda confused on how this works but heres the story......i just picked up a brand new audio6 today to use with my turntables. I already have the traktor 2 software installed being that I had my s4 and purchased the s4 scratch upgrade which should be traktor 2. From my understanding if I wanted to use my turntables with hooking to the s4 that all I would need is an interface which is why i bought the audio 6 box. So since I already have tp2 installed I won't need the new tp2 key to get it to work right???

Also if I want to retrieve the tp2 upgrade key it says that i need to register traktor LE first then they're gonna email me the tp2 key?? can someone correct me if im wrong please. TNX

and if I won't need the key its up for sale @$100
    Moved to general to answer your questions.

I'm guessing you meant to say without in the part bolded above. If that's the case then you are correct. All you need is your A6 and you can use your TT's with the timecode vinyl that came with the S4 scratch upgrade kit. You can't sell the TP2 though since you're using TSP2 as an upgrade you'll need to keep all qualifying software registered in your name.

I'm confused about the LE part though. If you have TP2 installed from your S4 then all you need to do is enter the S4 Scratch upgrade serial number in the TP2 upgrade spot in Service Center and that will turn your TP2 into TSP2.

If you made a bunch of settings changes in Traktor preferences you may want to use the big export button on the bottom of the preference pane and save everything.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

sorry but without hooking up the s4. wanted to use a turntable and mixer with an a6 as a standalone.

ok so i guess the dealer in hawaii was wrong then. so right now im running tsp2, and i won't be able to use it with the a6 right? what your trying to say is that i need to upgrade from tsp2 to tp2? sorry kinda confused. will i still be able to go back and forth between using my s4 and to using my regular mixer and turntable?

I think you misunderstood. If you already have TSP2 then you wont need the extra TP2 license you have. TSP2 you already have installed will be sufficient for both using with the s4 and a seperate mixer/turntable setup.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You can use your A6 and timecode with what you already have installed. Going from tsp2 to tp2 would be downgrading, since you would be missing the timecode (scratch) functionality.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yes you can use the just the A6, mixer and turntables. The most important part about what i said is that you can't sell the version of Traktor Pro 2 you upgrade from because your currently installed Traktor Scratch Pro 2 was upgraded from that. You always have to keep full upgrade paths registered in your name.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Correct me if i misunderstood your question, but this is what i did,

If you upgraded your tp2 that was given with the s4 to TSP2, you can put the le version you got with the audio 6 on an other computer, that's what i did' you just install the service center first with your original account (so don't start a new account) and then traktor le, you have to register the audio 6 on the website of NI, do this all before 1st of January. And NI will send you the key for the upgrade from LE to TP2.

I did it this way because else, the LE version would overwrite my TSP2 version. Might be an other way, but this was the solution for me

So now you have TSP2 and an other version of TP2 on your name, you can probably sell the LE and upgrade to TP.

You will keep of course your TP2 version from your S4 with the S4 upgrade to
    TSP2
    Last edited by souldancer; 12-29-2011 at 08:14 PM.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    I think you misunderstood. If you already have TSP2 then you wont need the extra TP2 license you have. TSP2 you already have installed will be sufficient for both using with the s4 and a seperate mixer/turntable setup.
    yes i already have tsp2. i bought the s4 scratch upgrade kit. so this means i can sell the brand new tp2 lic that comes free with the a6 right? it is unused

Quote Originally Posted by souldancer View Post
    Correct me if i misunderstood your question, but this is what i did,

If you upgraded your tp2 that was given with the s4 to TSP2, you can put the le version you got with the audio 6 on an other computer, that's what i did' you just install the service center first with your original account (so don't start a new account) and then traktor le, you have to register the audio 6 on the website of NI, do this all before 1st of January. And NI will send you the key for the upgrade from LE to TP2.

I did it this way because else, the LE version would overwrite my TSP2 version. Might be an other way, but this was the solution for me

So now you have TSP2 and an other version of TP2 on your name, you can probably sell the LE and upgrade to TP.

You will keep of course your TP2 version from your S4 with the S4 upgrade to
    TSP2
    okay this is what im going through. its possible to sell the le with the tp2 upgrade? i haven't installed either.

Why don't you contact the company and ask? My understanding is that licenses that have been given away for free are not transferable.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast