Daisy chaining active speakers??
    Tech Convert

Default Daisy chaining active speakers??

Hi, newb here ... I have two Yorkville 750s, two Yorkville 550s and one 200 watt 10 inch Yorkville sub ... how do I chain these speakers together? I want the 750s/sub to be on the left side of my mixer and the 550s on the right ... can I just go in/out/in/out etc??? Thanx, Karma

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karma180 View Post
    Hi, newb here ... I have two Yorkville 750s, two Yorkville 550s and one 200 watt 10 inch Yorkville sub ... how do I chain these speakers together? I want the 750s/sub to be on the left side of my mixer and the 550s on the right ... can I just go in/out/in/out etc??? Thanx, Karma
    I presume you are talking about the Yorkville NX 750P's and the Yorkville NX 550P's.

Is your sub the Yorkville LS 200P?

Firstly, why do you want it set up like that?

You should go left and right into your sub from your mixer, then left out of your sub to one of the left tops and right out of your sub to one of the right tops.

If you want to use another pair of tops you go out of the left top to the second left speaker and out of the right top to the second right speaker.

If the second pair of tops are for monitors, use the booth out on your mixer if it has one.

Secondly, that one sub is not going to keep up with your tops, it's just not powerful enough.

Finally, mixing tops like that is not always a good idea.

You may suffer from comb filtering but I'm not really up on it as I've never needed to use 4 tops, let alone 2 different sets, so I'll leave someone else to comment about that.
    Last edited by Capitan; 12-29-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Capitan View Post
    I presume you are talking about the Yorkville NX 750P's and the Yorkville NX 550P's.

Is your sub the Yorkville LS 200P?

Firstly, why do you want it set up like that?

You should go left and right into your sub from your mixer, then left out of your sub to one of the left tops and right out of your sub to one of the right tops.

If you want to use another pair of tops you go out of the left top to the second left speaker and out of the right top to the second right speaker.

If the second pair of tops are for monitors, use the booth out on your mixer if it has one.

Secondly, that one sub is not going to keep up with your tops, it's just not powerful enough.

Finally, mixing tops like that is not always a good idea.

You may suffer from comb filtering but I'm not really up on it as I've never needed to use 4 tops, let alone 2 different sets, so I'll leave someone else to comment about that.
    Thanx man ... this is for a live 2 piece band/Dj with ProTools running extensive backing trax ... extensive backing trax while we humans play with various instruments. On stage in a cluster (left to right( Line6 tube amp 1 10 speaker (left of stereo guitar mix), 750, sub with 100 watt bass amp on top, 750, Line6 right amp) out front are the two 550s carrying the vocals and sum of the live mix ... everything is sent to the house system. So, its the "cluster" way of doing things that I've researched but just didn't know how to chain the speakers ... also, my sub (u r right, its the Yorkville u mentioned) doesn't have a left and right out; did I get the wrong sub?? What is comb filtering and does it sound like hell??

What we're after is a mix of live and backing trax sounding like a great DJ with lots of bottom end (thatz why we have two 750s)
    Thanx, Karma.

Tech Wizard

Can you post labeled images of what it is suppose to look like and of the connections on each type ofd speaker. There is a way to do it but I got to know what connections you have. Have you read the information on the manufacturers site about connecting the speakers or spoken to an associate?
    MMM Making Music With Food. Yep! Taste good and sound good too!