Vci-100 jog wheels acting strange in Traktor
    Tech Wizard

Default Vci-100 jog wheels acting strange in Traktor

Hey,
    Ive recently upgraded to Traktor from TraktorLE and my jogwheels are acting strange.
    They worked perfect in LE but in Traktor they seem un responsive at slow speed ie. if i'm searching for a cue point fast or scratching fast thry will work but if i want to make slight adjustments by moving the wheel slowly it dosnt seem to pickup the movment at all.
    Any suggestions? i'm using the .tsk file from the Vestax site btw.
    Cheers,

have u tried adjusting the "touch sensor levels" on the back of your vci?

Tech Wizard

Yes, I've got them turn up as far as they will go without being 'always on'.
    Also I've noticed today that its only when i go backwards, forward i can go as slow as I like and it will respond but in reverse i have to actualy pick up some speed for it to respond.
    BTW its both wheels,
    Regards, Brendan

If you go into the midi settings in Traktor for your device then find the midi setting labeled "Deck Scratch", then change the sensitivity settings in there to taste.

I am not sure if this is going to solve your situation as i never heard of anyones sensitivity settings doing such weird things, but give it a shot and get back to us

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    If you go into the midi settings in Traktor for your device then find the midi setting labeled "Deck Scratch", then change the sensitivity settings in there to taste.

I am not sure if this is going to solve your situation as i never heard of anyones sensitivity settings doing such weird things, but give it a shot and get back to us
    Hey, gave that a go but to no avail. i'm using the TKS file from Vestax.com could that be the problem?
    tried Deckadance and they work fine in that.
    Gonna try a reinstall of traktor and see how that goes if not might just ditch it and get familiar with deckadance.

Make sure you are using the TKS file for the version of your mixer you are using that could be a problem - are you using 1.2 or 1.1 ? or the EG edition ?

some one did not set up the TKS file properly. you need to check the settings that the jog wheels are assigned to- make sure they are set to rotary 3g and adjust the settings there until it feels right to you.