Kontrol X1 not recognized

Default Kontrol X1 not recognized

Hi

I have already asked for help months ago - still haven't solve the problem.
    My X1 is not recognized in Traktor pro 2, only animation lights and that is it. I have restarted Traktor, updated all drivers, I tryed everything (I think)...
    Also, if I press shift+hotcue nothing happen. This mean that I haven't install drivers correctly? (have done that more than ten times...)

Please, help me I am desperate :/

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Can you try it on a different computer? And tell us what kind of computer you're on.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

heh yes I will, as soon as I get one.

intel core 2 duo
    2,1 GHz
    4 RAM
    64 bit Vista

Vista.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Upgrade to Win7 or downgrade to XP. Vista (specially x64) is known for it's compatibility issues.

i couldnt get half my audio apps going on vista.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

FWIW I had no glaring issues with Vista for over a year, but my install was tweaked to death from the get go. (it did eventually get messed up, but that took a while).

Anyhow - when that's happened to me (on XP, on Vista, even on 7 x64 which I moved to this year), taking a look at the NIHardwareService service (duh) in the service manager showed it was :
    1-Not running -> start it up and reconnect the X1.
    2-Missing and therefore not running. This happened once after a full Traktor + drivers update decided to silently shit iself, and I had to manually re-register the service because no installer would do it properly again.

No NIHardwareService = shift+hotcue won't do anything, heck, nothing will do anything.
    If it's missing at all, well, gotta make sure you ran that install with proper admin privileges.

I haven't had any problems with Vista till now...
    So how can I register X1 if it is not shown in Service center?

I had vista before getting my mac and had no issues with it, although did always worry due to the horror stories you read from people online.

I'd say find a buddy who can install the traktor demo and see if you can get it working on there who also has vista in case its a problem with the X1.

Right, so here's the command you want to run from a command prompt with admin privileges, assuming your system drive is C: and the driver installer did in fact copy the files in place :
    Code:
    sc create NIHardwareService binPath= "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Hardware\NIHardwareService.exe" start= auto
    Then refresh/reopen the service manager and you'll see it. Since the start mode is "auto", it won't be running, but you can start it from there.
    If you've installed the drivers a few times that folder should exist along with its content - this .exe and a "Devices" folder with a few .ndd files in it.

Now assuming the service starts up, check that it does run instead of dying right away. You can see it from the service manager and/or from the task manager in the processes tab.

If you can't find this anywhere on your hard drive, I'd suggest unplugging from the network, turning off whatever malware/virus protection you have running and redoing the uninstall/reinstall procedure *WITH ADMIN RIGHTS*

If you want to undo this service thing, just run
    Code:
    sc delete NIHardwareService