Mp3 Gain or Platinum Notes?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Mp3 Gain or Platinum Notes?

or None???

Tech Guru

I have tried both and ended up sticking with PN regardless of its "steep" pricing.

Tech Mentor

why PN over mp3?

Tech Guru

I like the way that the tracks sound after using PN3. They have more consistency.

But this is truly a personal preference on my part - I would try both and see which one you like the most.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGod View Post
    I like the way that the tracks sound after using PN3. They have more consistency.

But this is truly a personal preference on my part - I would try both and see which one you like the most.
    tried both, from my experience mp3gain(default settings) makes the track volume too low and loses quality. Platinum(default settings) notes has better sound quality. Platinum is the better choice from my experience.

Something else I noticed was the waves on traktor get shrunked after running the file through these programs

mp3 gain is a totally non destructive process. platinum notes is, so if your tunes are high quality already (e.g 320 mp3, wav, flac) there is no point using it.
    Ean recommends setting mp3 gain to 96db. Remember to use "Track Gain" after analysis.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    mp3 gain is a totally non destructive process. platinum notes is, so if your tunes are high quality already (e.g 320 mp3, wav, flac) there is no point using it.
    Ean recommends setting mp3 gain to 96db. Remember to use "Track Gain" after analysis.
    This is a good point - if you use PN3 be sure to save the original tracks. By default PN3 will create a new file with _PN3 added to the filename.

Tech Mentor

how does PN damage ur files? doesn't it make a new file when u apply settings? I would think mp3gain would hurt your files since it doesnt make a new file and just saves right over the original track.

MP3Gain does not decode and re-encode the mp3 to change its volume. You can change the volume as many times as you want, and the mp3 will sound just as good (or just as bad!) as it did before you started.

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

but PN makes a new file after the conversion leaving the original alone right?

so for my mp3gain settings, i put 96.0 in "normal" volume correct?
    analysis my track before i TRACK gain correct? not album or constant gain right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast