Whats with the Traktor update installer?

Default Whats with the Traktor update installer?

Hey

Am I the only one having problems updating Traktor on Mac? I wanted to get the the latest update (1.1.2) and tried through NI Service Center, which said that there where no updates avalible. Then I logged on the NIs homepage and found the update. I the downloadet Installer 1.1.2 for mac and ran it - no problems. Then restarded the mac, fired up Traktor and it still says that I have 1.1.1! WTF?

I had the same problems with the 1.1.1 update. I cant actually remember how I solved it - think i had to reinstall Traktor. How do you guys (on mac) do it?

Tech Mentor

It happened to me soon after the update was available, took like 2 days to finally have it installed. I think the servers being busy have something to do with it.. :S

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

People are having problems with Service Centre. It says you are up to date when you arent !

If you download the Installer from the website i have a hunch (this is just my speculation at the moment) that the Installer is not updating the Shortcut Icon that maybe placed on your desktop (Mac especially) .

If you have the problem that Flaekiface has try using the actual Traktor Icon in the Applications > Traktor Folder to start Traktor and see what version you have . If is correct , replace the desktop shortcut.

This is just a hunch.

Yeah Karlos I think you are righty. I remember now that my update to 1.1.1 problems where solved by replacing the shortcut icon. I will try it later today.

Edit: Yes it works! Replacing the old Traktor shortcut icon from the desktop did the trick. Thanks a lot Karlos!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Brilliant. Ill pass this on to N.I. support. The installer should replace the shortcut and im guessing that other people are experiencing this without even knowing that they are still on a previous version.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 03-29-2009 at 08:36 AM.

Exactly! When I upgradet to 1.1.1 it took me about a week to notice that I was still running 1.0.2.
    In worst case this could leed to very bad feedback on new updates, cause some people donnt know that they are still on the old version.