Am I the only one who thinks CDJs feel cheap? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Yeah…the CDJ-2000s might be the only CDJs that don't feel cheap (and the 1000s that came before them) but they definitely don't feel cheap compared to the S4 or really any DJ controller.
    I agree with this.

Tech Mentor

Agree that the CDJ-2000s (and all the Pios before it) feel cheap.

But wonder if ALL CD decks would feel cheap to you?

Would be interested to hear your take on a Denon DN-S3700...

So a CDJ needs a motorized platter to not feel cheap? Tough crowd.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Don't feel cheap to me. I have tried allsorts of CDJs, the 400s and under feel plasticky but that's about it. Beyond that I never liked the motorized platters on the denons, nudging on them does not feel very precise. The only motorized platter I liked was on numarks CDXs but they are unreliable pieces of shite anyway. On top of building crappy sound artifacts as soon as you venture out of -/+ 2% pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by geminimech View Post
    Hey man, different strokes for different folks! You like the feel because it's what you own. I'd venture a guess you'd feel differently if you owned a pair of 2000's
    Exatly this. The 2000s definitely don't feel cheap. Beyond that, what matters is your mixes, not your toys. At the end of the day, people don't care how your platters feel. If you want a genuine turntable feel that does not feel cheap, buy a turntable.
    Last edited by Manu; 12-31-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by geminimech View Post
    So a CDJ needs a motorized platter to not feel cheap? Tough crowd.
    I didn't say that. In fact i've never used a controller/deck with a motorized platter other than a turntable.

Quote Originally Posted by Johbremat View Post
    Agree that the CDJ-2000s (and all the Pios before it) feel cheap.

But wonder if ALL CD decks would feel cheap to you?

Would be interested to hear your take on a Denon DN-S3700...
    I'm interested in trying some Denon's as well. Never tried them but it would be interesting.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Exatly this. The 2000s definitely don't feel cheap. Beyond that, what matters is your mixes, not your toys. At the end of the day, people don't care how your platters feel. If you want a genuine turntable feel that does not feel cheap, buy a turntable.
    I completely agree with this. I chose the S4 because I liked how it feels and how it would help me reach my goal of creating awesome mixes.

I don't like the CDJs, and therefore I won't buy them. I'm just stating my feeling about them.

Everything feels cheap compared to a 1200.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by hipnopath View Post
    Everything feels cheap compared to a 1200.
    With the exception of the Numark NS7/V7 I agree totally with this. Props to Numark for finally getting it right, except for that whole ITCH business.

only had hands on CDJ-900s besides my 800MK1s and they definetly don't feel cheap to me (and yes i already played with a pair of 1200s).

Tech Wizard

I understand what you mean but at the same time you're probably comparing cdjs to turntables or other more traditional instruments. CDJs are still arguably more reliable than the technics in your local club, which are usually battered beyond belief but "feel" better since they are heavier and have a metal casing.
    Twitter
    Soundcloud
    Beatport Tunes
    EOB | In Da Jungle Rec. | IQ Ent. | Plush Rec. | Point 9 Audio | Rotation Deep | Section 8 | SubDepth | UnitOvOne

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast