Am I the only one who thinks CDJs feel cheap? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by herlsy View Post
    Went to Guitar Center yesterday, i've never played on CDJs but each platter felt the same on the 2000, 900, and 850 all side by side.
    that's because they pretty much are the same only the 2000s have adjustable tension on the jogwheel.

Tech Wizard

Went to Guitar Center yesterday, i've never played on CDJs but each platter felt the same on the 2000, 900, and 850 all side by side.
    Agreed.

Banned

For the price tag, you'd expect something more out of it.
    I agree the s4/s2 have a better feel on the jogwheels.
    I would not dump that much cash into pioneer cdj2000s.
    I know a couple djs who think the cdj900 is better than the cdj2000's.
    Just your personal opinion on gear, but i know i wouldn't lol.

I wish I could say that I agreed with you…life would be a lot cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ExTrCt. View Post
    s4/s2 have a better feel on the jogwheels.
    Can you put me in contact with your dealer?

jk/jk. to each his own, but frankly I think that's insane. Even when I was on all controllers, I thought that was insane.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ExTrCt. View Post
    I agree the s4/s2 have a better feel on the jogwheels.
    my cdj-400s jogs are on a different level than the s2/s4 jogs and the 400s are no where near the 850,900,1000 or 2000 jogs....different zip codes. Dont get me wrong...ive used the s2 many many times and i love it....but i dont know how its in the same discussion....

To each their own is right i guess...
    | 13" MBP (mid 2010) | Traktor Pro 2.0.3 | Audio 8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Akai LPD8 | 2 x CDJ-400 | Allen & Heath Xone 42 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | 2xRokit KRK 6SE WHITE |

Tech Mentor

I want either higher pitch resolution on Wide or ranges between 16 and 100%. And I HATE the Pioneer jog bend deadzone. I do agree that the CDJ1000mk3 was the best built of all the CDJs, though, and while it has the awful deadzone, it had usefully fine pitch resolution on Wide when playing off CDs. So Pioneer still hasn't addressed their two glaring problems and their build quality seems to be getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    I want either higher pitch resolution on Wide or ranges between 16 and 100%. And I HATE the Pioneer jog bend deadzone. I do agree that the CDJ1000mk3 was the best built of all the CDJs, though, and while it has the awful deadzone, it had usefully fine pitch resolution on Wide when playing off CDs. So Pioneer still hasn't addressed their two glaring problems and their build quality seems to be getting worse.
    I have noticed the opposite (build quality-wise). While there is siginificantly less weight on the units, higher grade plastics and better internal mounting of electronics have lead to an overall stronger product.

I still haven't been able to find the dead zone you refer to on any new players (2000NXS2 and newer).

Higher resolution tempo faders just is not going to happen. You would need to increase tension to avoid accidental tempo adjustment and would create a larger complaint from the wider customer base.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Why does anyone feel the need to rush to Pioneer's defense when someone dares to say that their $2200 USD media player, of which you need at least two to use properly, doesn't feel like it's worth two entire months of wages? Is Pioneer really struggling for a positive public outlook so badly they need activist users to defend them from randoms on a small forum?

If you use any Pioneer product regularly and are not at least a little disgusted at how the consumer market has been manipulated and abused so badly that these minimally engineered things can cost so much it might be time to examine your beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyMcFly View Post
    Why does anyone feel the need to rush to Pioneer's defense when someone dares to say that their $2200 USD media player, of which you need at least two to use properly, doesn't feel like it's worth two entire months of wages? Is Pioneer really struggling for a positive public outlook so badly they need activist users to defend them from randoms on a small forum?

If you use any Pioneer product regularly and are not at least a little disgusted at how the consumer market has been manipulated and abused so badly that these minimally engineered things can cost so much it might be time to examine your beliefs.
    barking up the wrong tree mate. neither is bastet a "activist user" (whatever that is) neither are the facts he stated an act to defend the way Pioneer cornered the market and has been fracking us for years.

this is just another ancient thread that has been necrobumped by reticuli's posts and should be accordingly ignored.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

Necrobump is dysphemism. Thread resurrection. REMEMBER THEM! Seriously, though, why start a new thread when there's a perfectly good one already there to continue?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast