Playing your own music live - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

http://www.robertbabicz.de/page6/page6.html

Watching the video is interesting and certainly gave me a few tips...

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpress View Post
    http://www.robertbabicz.de/page6/page6.html

Watching the video is interesting and certainly gave me a few tips...
    That guy has some sexy sexy gear.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    [..]
    However these on the fly live elements are really important too performing music live - so i personally see a good performance utilising parts of both worlds, djing and "live" performance to try form a balance between the advantages of both domains.
    This is Exactly what me and my mates are working on ;D

Me and one of my other mates rocking ableton with different setups, another of my mates DJing vinyl & CDjs and another running Synth & Guitar into our ableton setups ;D

Were just waiting for our mate who is a metal drumming god to get involved & get an MC (one of our mates used to MC for The Upbeats & State of Mind, we just need to get him back into it) and we will be roll'n. ;D

Okay! i am definitely going to send my tracks in and get them mastered, should i do it even for Beatport Releases?

But their is still plenty Producers that mix their own tracks via, Hardware, i understand what u say though, i am using software, and i can only push my tracks so far, i have a decent set up, once i finish my Album i will definetly send them to be masterd!

If your interested in hearing some of my stuff check it out here...www.myspace.com/siblingmaster

You can get stuff mastered on software and keep it all digital but it isnt highly advised, but it can do a pretty decent job in the right hands - there a program called T-Racks that is ment to do a pretty decent job of mastering in the digital realm. Any releases you get off beatport should already be mastered(in most cases), also if your putting your own tracks onto beatport you should definantly get them mastered

Tech Guru

Anything you release to the public should be mastered.

If its just something that your releasing as a promo try and get it mastered on the cheap, perhaps you know a mate that will hook you up?

If its going to be sold make sure its mastered by a pro. The higher profile the release the high quality the mastering agency you want to send it to. (Tho the higher the better anyway tbh).

gratz for goin live cuz that wat i wanna be doing eventually. mostly im gonna look at using ableton to make my music then ableton to remix it live, using layers and superknobs that will be specifiically designed for each song. using gater/beatmasher etc to the exact specifications of the music i will have created.

EDIT: Just learned how to make chunky as fuck basslines, my first song is on the drawing board. im gonna go for a feed me VS rusko feel. until my creative passions take over then you just get wateva my stoner brain makes
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post
    gratz for goin live cuz that wat i wanna be doing eventually. mostly im gonna look at using ableton to make my music then ableton to remix it live, using layers and superknobs that will be specifiically designed for each song. using gater/beatmasher etc to the exact specifications of the music i will have created.

EDIT: Just learned how to make chunky as fuck basslines, my first song is on the drawing board. im gonna go for a feed me VS rusko feel. until my creative passions take over then you just get wateva my stoner brain makes
    :eek: likes the sound of rusko vs feed me

Quote Originally Posted by evade View Post
    :eek: likes the sound of rusko vs feed me
    lolz that was just the sound that occured while i was fucking around so i figure ill go with it
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12