DJ Bighead Best of 2011 Drum and Bass Mix (1 Hour of Liquid, Tech & Atmospheric DnB)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow DJ Bighead Best of 2011 Drum and Bass Mix (1 Hour of Liquid, Tech & Atmospheric DnB)

I sat down this morning and decided to make my best of 2011 drum and bass mix. Unfortunately there were a bunch of tracks and producers that I wanted to get in the mix that I couldn't get in. Pretty all over the place, a bit of Liquid, a bit of Atmospheric, a few harder tunes, a few anthems and some soulful cuts ... As always no preplanning, and a bunch of flubbed mixes...Comment and let me know what your top Drum and Bass tunes were for the 2011

Check out the all new format now complete with releases, so you can go buy the tracks yourself (who am I kidding 90 percent of the "DJs" running around DJTT in the last year or so torrent everything they play, If they are getting paid they are essentially stealing tools)

Artist - Track Title - (Remix) - Label - [Release found on]

SaNDerson - Beautiful Click (SND Remix) - Absys [Beautiful Click EP] Thanks Yoshi
    Electrosoul System - Nine Planets (Bop Remix) - Kos.Mos.Music [Kosmopolitic EP]
    Nebula - Warm Currents - Subtle Audio [Astral Soul EP] One to lookout for in 2012.
    Eastcolors - M Galaxy - Hustle Audio [Definitions]
    Morebeat - Goodnight feat. Gabanna (Dose Remix) - Fokuz [Goodnight Dose Remix / Time Strain]
    Nitri & Sound Tactix - Different Places - SP Breakz [Sounds Of Breakz Vol 1]
    Loadstar - BLVD - RAM [BLVD] Top Dancefloor DnB Track of the Year
    Mav - Grace Light - Fokuz [The Meaning / Grace Light]
    Little Jinder - Without You (Seba Remix) - Trouble and Bass [Without You] Crossover tune of the year
    Linyus - It All Ended - SP Breakz [Sounds of Breakz Vol 1]
    Donnie Dubson - Gin and Tonic - LDNB [Gin and Tonic / The Small Things]
    Netsky - Daydreaming - Radar [Your Way/Daydreaming]
    Alexus - My Freedom (Nookie Remix) - Phuzion [On My Way EP]
    Greg Packer & Makoto - Heatwave - HE: Digital [Something We Can Do] My top track for 2011, brilliant Liquid Funk
    Treex - Feelin Allright - Liquid Brilliants [Big Brilliants LP] Label of the year, quality LPs and Singles can't wait to see how they do in 2012
    Foxrox - Can't Live Without You - Audio Danger [Scorn/Can't Live Without You] Brilliant new producer that I just found this year
    Kator - Ebula - Liquid Drumz [Morning Tram & Ebula]
    Bassdrive Production Crew (Micken, Freebird, InKa, Driver, Scro & Kator) - Palm Winds - Bassdrive [Soundcloud Download]
    London Elektricity - The Plan That Cannot Fail (Logistics Remix) - Hospital [Yikes Remixes] Obligatory Hospital tune on a year end mix, apologies if I offend
    J Majik & Wickaman - Ritual - Metalheadz [Ritual]
    Ultima C - Funktions Of Music - Basswerk [Basswerk Files #052 Party Edition Vol. 1]
    Seba - Future Sound - Spearhead [Welcome to Our World] Apologies for the terrible mix here, I don't know what came over me

Anyway that's my best of 2011, probably a bit different than most that will get posted, I hope you all dig it...I enjoyed throwing it together, as always any comments and criticisms are always appreciated...

Mike
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Oh also I will be handing this and a 130 bpm "club" (well as clubby as I can manage ) mix cd out at a pretty big post club nye after party. Oddly enough it's a really really wealthy landowners that my company does work for son's deal, I guess he and his friends are getting thoroughly smashed and want to listen to some "techno" while they mill about out of their minds...and I aims to please

The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Downloaded, as per usual I'm looking forward to some quality tunes and mixing from you. Will give you feedback in the new year. Good luck with your gig tonight and have a happy new year man, all the best
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

So what'd you think of the mix citizen...

*Shameful Shameful bump*

looks sweet mike
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Right on, thanks for listening Jester, I don't get to go out and hear any dnb so this is my best of what I have gotten this year, I have a bunch more stuff that I have from the year that I wanted to get in (seathasky, and blu mar ten, but oh well)

very interesting tracklist to say the least. i just listened to what you called the best tune of the year and i felt in love with it in an instant, too. what a great combination this liquid vibe with the lfo'ish synth on top filling the room.

your mix is going to my mp3 right now. excited to listen to it when i get the chance. thank you for sharing! i love how you commented on the tracks. this should happen more often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gELop7TKe8
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown
    LAZERNOIZE Latest Gig Recording (50Min. of Trap+Dubstep)

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Really, really enjoyed this mix man, was great. Was listening to it before I went on mixlr for that session (finished up about 10 minutes ago lol), definitely got me a in a good mood to mix. Only bit that caught my ears was around 50 ish minutes in the keys were clashing a bit but other than that fantastic stuff man. Keep it up!

As for my top D&B tracks of 2011? Don't know that I'll be doing a mix of them (though you can expect to see a D&B mix from me soon ) but I mine was Shackles by Morphy in the top tunes of 2011 thread.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Just had a quick listen and really nice mix so far- 15 mins through. Will listen to the rest later when I get a chance. I only really know half of the tunes in your tracklist so am really interested to hear your personal top tunes of 2011! Cheers for sharing

somehow i missed this one! downloading now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast