VCI-100 + VCM-100 = 4 Decks + Soundcard
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default VCI-100 + VCM-100 = 4 Decks + Soundcard

Is it just me or would this not be a sick setup?!

I have upgraded to a VCI-100 recently and whilst choosing between the NI Audio 4 DJ & Audio Kontrol 1 to complement my setup, a recent price reduction on VCMs in the UK (from £345 -> 199 @ HTFR) has grabbed my attention. I have been craving for more direct controls lately (more buttons, less modifiers ), and for the combined price with the VCI-100, £535, there are no 4 deck controllers (w/wo soundcard) on the market at this price range.

Whilst it is by no means an A&H Xone 4D (drool) in terms of no. of functions or sound quality, it would still be a contender because of the price (1/3!). The build quality on the VCI is superb, and if you own a silver VCI, the VCM will fit right into your setup. What really gets me excited about this idea is the potential when modding comes into the picture (imagine 4 deck juggling with arcade buttons! ). An upgrade in sound quality is desired, but not mandatory as I am not doing gigs.

What do you think? Worth buying instead of an Audio 4 or Audio Kontrol? Do you foresee any problems in setting these two controllers up?

peAce!

Tech Mentor

someone answer to this thread lol! i wanna know what are your guys' oppinions on these 2 combined together also! =)

Someone serious about their sound quality wouldnt use either of those soundcards.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Someone serious about their sound quality wouldnt use either of those soundcards.
    Whats wrong with the soundquality of the NI Audio 4 DJ and the Audio Kontrol 1?
    I guess you just mean the VCM-100?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaekiface View Post
    Whats wrong with the soundquality of the NI Audio 4 DJ and the Audio Kontrol 1?
    I guess you just mean the VCM-100?
    They are good but you can get better for sure, if you are a serious about the soundquality and latency of the soundcard you go get a decent firewire soundcard. Everyone around here seems to <3 the presonus firebox for dollar versus value - as long as you dont plan to use DVS this makes for a better choice.

As a general rule of thumb usb soundcards generally dont have as high a quality parts as firewire soundcards do.

Ok fair enough. I just find it a bit strong to claim that the Audio 4 DJ and the AK1 arnt' serious.

Im shure that you can say the same for the presonus firebox, "its good but you can find better". My point is that you have to draw the line somwhere.

Well we all draw the line in different places, personally i think its nice using studio gear as its good quality and has the dual use of being able to work with studio equipment and standard dj equipment by simply turning down the volume of the ouputs. There is a considerable difference between the audio 4 and the firebox but your not going to find a massive difference in comparison to say the RME fireface 400 vs the Firebox. So i draw the line when stuff starts getting comparable to high quality studio equipment personally.

But each to their own, i would personally put those devices somewhere in the middle between consumer gear and gear where your starting to get serious.

So I guess you would say the same for the Audio 8 dj, which is the weapon of choice of many prof. DJs?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaekiface View Post
    So I guess you would say the same for the Audio 8 dj, which is the weapon of choice of many prof. DJs?
    Yup the Audio 8 and the Audio 4 have the same audio quality as one another - its not like there is a whole lot of of choice if they are using DVS with Trakor. You will most likely find that they use different soundcards when\if they are doing studio work.

I think you're way too harsh on usb soundcards bento, possibly talking a lot of people on here into spending money they don't have to on something they don't need.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast