Ultrasone DJ1 Pro VS. Pioneer HDJ-2000
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Ultrasone DJ1 Pro VS. Pioneer HDJ-2000

I've read the several post's about headphones, most of them were before the Pioneer HDJ-2000's were actually available.

*** PRICE IS NOT AN ISSUE ***
    Please don't comment about price... I don't care.

Has anyone actually used/borrowed/demoed, or owned the new Pioneer's?
    I've read several very positive reviews of the Ultrasone DJ1 Pro's. The only bad thing I've read is someone went through 4 in a 4 month period because the joints were breaking. I currently own the Sony MDRV-700DJ's I've repaired the joints on these severl times. Having read that the Pioneer 2000's have metal joints realy makes me lean that direction, BUT the Ultrasone's seem awesome too. Note: I like that they come with two cords, one with volume adjustment.

So, what do you guys and girls think??? HDJ-2000 or DJ1-Pro
    DJ N8
    "Eat, drink and be merry. For tomorrow we die" -DMB

I have tried the HDJ-2000 for a few minutes and I was impressed.

Nice heavy, but not too heavy if you ask me.
    It looks like a durable and solid Headset, and certainly does feel like it too. Sound quality is also great.

Did not get the chance to compare it too production headsets, but what I could hear, a fairly true sound with nice sound isolation.
    (Noise from outside of the HPs was not to be heared, while volume of the headset was not cranked)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I've used the same pair of Ultrasone DJ1 Pros for 2-1/2 years and they look and work as if brand-new. They've survived drops, bangs, luggage slams, and two Burning Mans. I love 'em. I can't compare them to the HDJ-2000, though, cuz I've never used them.

It's worth mentioning though, that I loved my Sony MDR-V700s. When they inevitably cracked at the stems after a year I refused to replace them because I don't want to give Sony anyh more money for a flawed product. I think the the DJ1 Pros are comparable.

Headphones are tough to recommend because they're such a subjective topic.
    Last edited by steveboyett; 03-30-2009 at 06:15 PM.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

how about Senh. HD25?
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

Quote Originally Posted by ToS View Post
    how about Senh. HD25?
    The difference? About $100 worth of quality.

Thanks everyone! As far as the HD25's the padded cup is too small. I like the padding to go around my ear. That's also why I never bothered with the Pioneer HDJ-1000's.
    DJ N8

If anyone else has used either, please still post. I'm still torn on which on to get????
    DJ N8

I vote for the Ultrasone DJ1 Pros. I have no idea how someone could break the joints without actively abusing them, so that one unfavorable review seems to come from some kind of spastic rhino or more likely a 14 year old with anger issues.

Sound quality from the Ultrasone's is excellent and everyone I've met who have tried that brand have instantly bought them and never gone back. The individuals hyping their Sennheisers and Pioneers seem to be the people who haven't tried the Ultrasones yet! (OK, exaggeration).

Get the Ultrasone DJ1 Pros, you will love them.

FWIW, if it helps sway you, Ultrasone's customer service is some of the best I have ever experienced. The first cans I bought from them had a volume problem on one speaker and they were so mortified that it had happened that they sent me a new set before I'd even mailed the first ones off. They take huge pride in their product.

My experience with Event Electronics (I own PS6 monitors) is similar. Amazing company.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

I am usually not that fond of the Pioneer-hype, but I gotta tell ya, this one will be outliving people.

The Ultrasones? Still gotta test me a set, but if it is a way of ducking the Pioneer-hype, I am all for it.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast