Critique? First dubstep track

Default Critique? First dubstep track

So it's my first dubstep track, usually I make electro house but i've always incorporated dubstep wobbles and noises into it. Any major flaws or errors im doing? I'd love some help.

Thanks for your time

Coming from someone who 's sole reason to get out of bed every morning is dubstep:

The intro: Not really digging that, it's too electro house-ish for me, it 's American dubstep, wich is different then the European stuff that I'm into.

The vocals: I love how you worked with the vocals. Great job. But I didn't like the vocals themselves. These are not lyrics for a genuine dubstep song IMO.

The drop: I was feeling the build-up and liked the part that followed the drop.

The conclusion: Definitely not a bad song. But I'm not really into (most of the) electro house influenced dubstep. But I'm gonna make a wild assumption here and presume that you are an american. In that case good job, and keep on improving.

Gonna have to agree with the above, well produced but it's kind of floating in between genres.

I also felt that the whole song kind of "fell away" at the drop. If that makes any sense. It felt empty where it should have felt like there was more substance (mind you, I'm making my response after listening on a netbook speaker!)

Keep doing what you're doing. I can see why people would like/listen to it
    CDJ800mk2 | DJM800 | CDJ800mk2

Thank you so much for the comments guys, very constructive!
    I'm actually European (Icelandic to be pointlessly accurate) but I'm heavily influenced by the American electro house sound, and that's what I've been doing up until now so it'll probably leave it's mark on other productions such as this one. I know it's generally frowned upon in the "true" dubstep scene and I couldn't argue against this track being labeled "brostep", but that's why I look for critique, to improve!
    I do agree that the drop feels a little, well, wouldn't say empty but rather hollow? I tried and tried but didn't figure out a way to completely fill it out and finally settled with the efforts I made here, maybe you have some suggestions? They'd be much appreciated

I can't believe how in-detail and generally good your critique is guys, it's seems like it's really hard to come by on the web, sometimes I feel like I'm surrounded by yes-people that just want positive feedback on their own productions in return. I feel that leaves no room for improvement, or very slow improvement.
    This is my first post here and you can bet that I'll be staying here!

Quote Originally Posted by marriclausen View Post
    Thank you so much for the comments guys, very constructive!
    I'm actually European (Icelandic to be pointlessly accurate) but I'm heavily influenced by the American electro house sound, and that's what I've been doing up until now so it'll probably leave it's mark on other productions such as this one. I know it's generally frowned upon in the "true" dubstep scene and I couldn't argue against this track being labeled "brostep", but that's why I look for critique, to improve!
    I do agree that the drop feels a little, well, wouldn't say empty but rather hollow? I tried and tried but didn't figure out a way to completely fill it out and finally settled with the efforts I made here, maybe you have some suggestions? They'd be much appreciated

I can't believe how in-detail and generally good your critique is guys, it's seems like it's really hard to come by on the web, sometimes I feel like I'm surrounded by yes-people that just want positive feedback on their own productions in return. I feel that leaves no room for improvement, or very slow improvement.
    This is my first post here and you can bet that I'll be staying here!
    Fantastic ! Love to hear it ! A very warm welcome to the forums

you definetly have potentional, i think this could be something if you would improve the drop to have litle big more of a spine if u follow me.