People repackaging underground songs?

Default People repackaging underground songs?

So on my regular trawls of you tube to find that gem I've always been looking for, I've stumbled upon a couple of things that pop up quite regularly and was wandering if anyone could bring light to the motives of this?

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this, but people seem to be ripping or downloading small (underground, not well known) artists songs, editing them a little bit, sometimes not at all, and then adding a picture of a famous artist (ie avicii or alesso mainly) and then uploading it with a new name, pretending that its a newly leaked track or something....

I just don't understand the people who are doing this... WHY!?! If you wanted to steal a track and reupload it, why would you want to take the glory yourself, rather than giving it to someone who already has it, and possibly even bringing their high standards down?

Now, unless its the original artist uploading their song, then commenting on it saying "FAAAKE" in order to get more publicity, now THAT makes sense to me... Not sure of the legality of that though.

Anyway, Discuss!
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Haha, I wanted to make this thread after seeing that new Alesso & Avicii song "The Rules Has Changed". I liked the song, but didn't think it was legit on account of the grammar of the title, so I searched a little and found the real song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbJZaWqJuEA

I liked it, and downloaded some of his other stuff, which he gives out for free. So hopefully this will help him get some publicity.

It seems to happen a lot to Avicii and Skrillex, probably because of the popularity.

But the whole idea of this is pretty dumb, considering most of the time it isn't the artists doing this, but blogs looking to get more traffic by posting a supposedly unreleased song by someone famous before everyone else.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

Thats where i got this from :P But there have been a few in the past and i just dont get it..

But i guess blog traffic is a good point as well
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Stupid people are stupid.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

http://freshnewtracks.com/2012/01/03...trumental-mix/

Not sure if this is legit either, but at least Archie. V is getting some credit.

Edit: It's legit. So it looks like Nicky found the track by Archie and asked him if he wanted to collab on it.
    Last edited by NathanWard; 01-04-2012 at 04:46 AM.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1