Make $$$ helping with my mod project???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Make $$$ helping with my mod project???

So I started a few mod projects in 2011 and none of them got finished... My #newyearsresolution is to finish one I've had in my brain for months.

I need some help with it and I'm willing to pay for your expertise (the collective "you" of the DJTT forums).

I want to combine my MF classic and X-session Pro into the same box with an Audio 2 DJ. I sold my main rig so when I play out I use the club's/bar's CDJs. I have nothing to do house parties with so I figured this would be a nice all in one for a two deck setup. Yes, I know I can accomplish this with a Teensy or UMC32 or whatever is out there... If I had the time/money to devote to learning how that shit works, trust me I would. For now, this is my best/cheapest option.

I plan on desoldering the pots, faders, and buttons from the XSP and soldering more durable ones to its PCB. The MF will keep the classic look (to minimize soldering) but I want to add a row of pots to the analog ports and toggle switches for modifiers to the digital ones.

I came up with a few concepts, but I keep coming back to this one based on the dimensions of this box:

I'm not sold on it, but it's pretty much what I want. If you want to rearrange things, PM me and I'll send you the PSD.

If you Google HWCHAS1710BK you can see spec PDFs of the box. I'm sure I'm not 100% accurate on the measurements of my buttons (Sanwa 24), faders, knobs, etc... that's where you come in.

Here's where I need help...

1. Drawing - I'd like to have a drawing I can hand over to a professional cutter, but I don't have the means or expertise. I can give you my PSD file for reference. I'd want you to suggest which pots and faders to use so that I stay as close to your drawing as possible.

2. Mapping - I have a good workflow in mind and would be able to map it, but some of you are mapping geniuses and would be able to add a whole new dimension to the controller. Also, at the moment I would be mapping the MF and XSP separately so if there is a way with Bomes or some other Midi translator to combine into one, it might open a lot more possibilities. I'm not aware of how to do this and I'm using OSx.

3. Cutting - If you cut metal or have access to a cutter, speak up. I'd rather go through the forum than get ripped off by some industrial cutter who has no clue what I'm trying to do.

I use PayPal, hopefully you do too. If you're interested, make an offer and refer back to some work you've shared on forums, blogs, etc. I don't have a timetable on this but I'd like to get it moving at least.

Cheers!
    Last edited by ToOntown; 01-02-2012 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Clarity

Tech Guru

Ok, guess not! Well, I'll be sure to log my progress for those who are interested! Thanks!

Tech Mentor

Not that I could do any of that.. but I can't wait to see how this turns out! Good luck!
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

Definately interested! Keep us posted!
    SpeakerFreaker | E-MU Xboard 49 | Novation Launchpad | Korg Zero4 | CDJ-400's | Sennheiser HD-25 Adidas Originals | TSP 2 | Mac Pro | Soundcloud

If your looking for someone to do the laser cut panels you can talk to this guy...

http://thegamesurgeons.com/Lightning...Homepage2.html
    or
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php...e-9-12.126522/

he makes custom replacement panels for arcade sticks. Does great work! he can also do complete custom panels.

hope this helps

Where op from?

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone

Tech Guru

Thanks punkpc, I'll look into those!

From Cincinnati like it says in my profile!!

Sorry cant help ya there know a few machinists but would be international

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone

I have experience with parts/CAD. Check out one of my projects here

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17431

PM me with further details and ill see what i can do to help.
    Last edited by eataskdotcom; 01-06-2012 at 05:39 PM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by eataskdotcom View Post
    I have experience with parts/CAD. Check out one of my projects here

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17431

PM me with further details and ill see what i can do to help.
    I remember your build well! Almost bought it to mess around with too

I have decided to give Google SketchUp a try so if you have any tips I'd appreciate you sharing them. If things take too long or I get frustrated I will take you up on the offer!

A friend of mine is going to help cut it too. I'm getting all kinds of excited to start this. New thread when I begin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast