Da*$^*^%* it!

Thread: Da*$^*^%* it!

Tech Mentor

Default Da*$^*^%* it!

So I recently moved my music to an external hard drive, I imported it into itunes fine.... I accidently opened itunes without the external connected and it auto created another library on my internal hard drive.

I went to show it where the media folder is in the advanced prefs and it updates the library (which takes forever when you have 100 gigs of music). I've had this happen a couple times and it even screws with traktor starting up. Is there a way around this?

#shouldhaveboughtcdjs
    #hopethisdoesn'thappenonagig

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mablack View Post
    #shouldhaveboughtcdjs
    Needs to be said more often.

On topic, that blows. I despise iTunes for that reason.
    CDJ800mk2 | DJM800 | CDJ800mk2

Quote Originally Posted by Filthsky View Post
    Needs to be said more often.
    no it doesnt...it gets said enough...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Convert

Hold down shift when you open itunes and click choose library, then find your old itunes library.itl file.

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    no it doesnt...it gets said enough...
    /opinion
    Forgot your opinion tags.
    CDJ800mk2 | DJM800 | CDJ800mk2

Quote Originally Posted by Filthsky View Post
    Forgot your opinion tags.
    why? If computers would mess up slightly less (and they would if you had two computers, one for everyday BS and another for DJing) then CDJ's wouldn't be justified because the only reason for wanting to spin on a CDJ is the stupid idea that they are more reliable or make you better at djing for some stupid reason. A CDJ is nothing more than a fancy CD player with a jog wheel for advanced seek functions. And now - all they are is a fucking Mp3 player with advanced seek functions. Traktor is just a media player with advanced seek functions. I.e. they are all the same thing with marginal differences and they all achieve the same end goal.

The biggest difference is that a) Everyone already has a laptop for the most part so that expense is out of the way and B) Midi controllers are cheaper compared to full gear. If they made midi controllers with the same build quality as CDJ's and a mixer, they'd still be cheaper. So please - tell me again why anyone should buy CDJ's? Because I have technics, and I definitely do not want CDJ's.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    why? If computers would mess up slightly less (and they would if you had two computers, one for everyday BS and another for DJing) then CDJ's wouldn't be justified because the only reason for wanting to spin on a CDJ is the stupid idea that they are more reliable or make you better at djing for some stupid reason. A CDJ is nothing more than a fancy CD player with a jog wheel for advanced seek functions. And now - all they are is a fucking Mp3 player with advanced seek functions. Traktor is just a media player with advanced seek functions. I.e. they are all the same thing with marginal differences and they all achieve the same end goal.

The biggest difference is that a) Everyone already has a laptop for the most part so that expense is out of the way and B) Midi controllers are cheaper compared to full gear. If they made midi controllers with the same build quality as CDJ's and a mixer, they'd still be cheaper. So please - tell me again why anyone should buy CDJ's? Because I have technics, and I definitely do not want CDJ's.

How is it that every single thread turns into this. Jesus Christ it was a joke. I'm running DVS with technics and a midi controller too.

Here I'll finish and post the next 7 responses.... It's personal preference blah blah blah blah blah. Lets end this arguement now.

Thanks a bunch Corey C!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyC View Post
    Hold down shift when you open itunes and click choose library, then find your old itunes library.itl file.
    Just so the answer doesn't get lost.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

@Frank112916

The computer in this instance did exactly what it should have :P ... it didn't find the files, it created a new library.

Just in case too