Help Lack of knowledge

Default Help Lack of knowledge

My name is David, first I have to say I love this site, I have done research and checked out others and I am truly addicted to DJTT.

You guys have a load of info which is great my only issue is, I use to DJ back in the Day and stopped for many years the last time I touched a set of turntables was back in 2002 or 2003 if that.

Now I am getting back in it and honestly am so confused and some things are kind of overwhelming there is so much I don’t know I feel as if I never touched a set of turntables before I am going to be purchasing a NI S4, (I Think) and I am looking at the blogs and forum reading things about VST’s and looping, midi and many others things.

Is there anything anyone can do to help me better my education of these things, any articles or some place I can learn the terminology I refuse to let my lack of knowledge stop me from continuing my love and passion for music.

Maybe someone can help me with some advice.

I was a DJ for many years and when moving from New York to Vegas back in 1997 fell out of the art I used to have 2 1200's and a mixer no Serato no Traktor was even thought of at the time.

I am going forth with my passion for music and am totally unsure of what to get or to use. Friends tell me Serato but in reading looks like I might want to try Traktor.

I originally wanted to go with the CDJ's and a mixer but the cost of it is killing me and it will be a long while before I get to to touch them.

I started to look into controllers and right now had my eyes on Sertao based NS7FX and the NS6 thinking I might like the effects part of the NS6 but then reading about the NI Traktor S4 still have the options of adding in 2 turntables if I want. So now with that looks like a S4...

I do have the fear of not understanding the software and wondering if I would be able to mix as well as I did before I like the effects and at times scratching I kind of am leading to the S4 but are totally unsure I love all types of music and mix everything from hiphop/ dubstep, club house, electro.

I love being a performance DJ and having fun with effects and the music.

I know a lot of info very indecisive, I just don't want to make a mistake with the wrong software and spend money on something I won’t enjoy and be able to understand.

Thanks for such a great forum I am addicted to this site and blogs

Download the trials of software (traktor, virtual DJ, mixxx, deckadance) and play around with them. If you are looking at the S4, get a demo of Traktor, and get to know it. The S4 is pretty intuitive after you know how the software works.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Thanks for your reply...

I did that and couldn't get any sound out of my laptop it says the trail only works for 30 mins at a time but that's no biggie its just the sound part I had issues with