Livid CNTRL:R

Thread: Livid CNTRL:R

Tech Wizard

Default Livid CNTRL:R

I remember reading about some new livid controller and it has finally been released.

http://shop.lividinstruments.com/hardware/cntrlr.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1ytCrmNg8s

• Designed with electronic music pioneer Richie Hawtin and secretly tested over a year with Gaiser and Marc Houle • 14.5" x 9.75" x 1.75" (WDH) / weight 5 lbs. • USB Powered • Multicolored LEDs with Bi-Directional MIDI communication (talkback) • Class-compliant: no drivers needed for Mac, Windows, or Linux. • Programmable MIDI mapping allows you to change the MIDI settings on the hardware • Aluminum body with a ulrta durable black coating • Open Source software tools to create your own LED talkback interaction • Standard MIDI IN and OUT jacks• Expansion Jacks for added functionailty • Made in the USA• Compatible with any software that supports MIDI learn • ROHS compliant• Includes USB cable, and registration card

Tech Guru

Yep want this now!

their price-politic is awkward but i like the controllers also, looks nice.

but i am afraid that i don't have too much money so that i don't know where to spend, so it will be just for snobby rich-kids or artists which are already earn a good amount of money out of their performances.

its nice - not sure about the two bottom rows of buttons - so many - would need an overlay to label. looks like they can be colour coded though too.

price doesn't surprise me at all.

Pre-order, shiping Feb 5th
    $699 - Pre Order Special

doesnt seem to steep

Tech Wizard

I was really considering the livid block but this would make a better sequencer while maintaining usable drum pads and a control surface. There's just something about the block though that attracts me just as much or just under this new livid "cntrl:r"

Sure the pads arent as big a say maschine or even the akai midi controllers but people enjoy the launch pad for making music, don't see why this can't satisfy either

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Price is fair for the amount of control and feedback you get and how well it could adapt for both Ableton and Traktor.
    Last edited by padi_04; 01-04-2012 at 04:46 PM.