Numark 4Trak? NS6 for Traktor?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Numark 4Trak? NS6 for Traktor?

Found these online, it seems to be taken from the manual of the upcoming numark 4trak?

the 4Trak is also listed in Traktor as one of the controllers (2.1.2)

Wondering when will they announce it and also wondering if the jogwheels etc are as good as the NS6 on itch (in traktor)

Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

OMFG that looks tasty !!!:eek:

So it's an NS6 for Traktor? That could be cool I guess, but I've always thought that the main "thing" with the NS6 were the superb jog wheels, and Traktor's jog wheel support is fairly crap.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Default Numark 4Trak? NS6 for Traktor?

All numark needs to do is add LEDs to the jog wheels and I'd sell my mixer and techs and buy one.

Tech Mentor

Ooh, sexy long pitch faders! I really hope this will turn out to be as good as it looks... It's a few buttons short for Traktor, maybe, but the NS6 almost made me go Itch already...

Edit: It looks exactly like an NS6, but with extra knobs for FX units and channel filters on the separate bolt-on unit. Note that there are 5 hot cue buttons instead of the more Traktorish 4 or 8. Understandable from an R&D cost perspective, maybe, but sounds a little Frankencontroller. Looks good but the points to worry about are the same as before: jog response in Traktor, and pitch fader resolution, which people have complained about with NS6 in Itch.

Oh, and the NS6 already had LEDs on the jogs, just like the Pioneer units.
    Last edited by DJQA; 01-04-2012 at 01:23 PM.

That looks pretty good, finally a really well built all in one traktor controller if that is the case.

Functionally I loved the S4, but it feels like a toy and I would not want to take it with me if I was doing small bar type gigs. The NS6 is the only real quality feeling portable all in one controller currently.

anyone here got an NS6? there is already a mapping in traktor 2.1.2 for numark 4 trak, i am curious what will happen if someone with NS6 loads the mapping what would happen? Would the ns6 work as if its the 4Trak?

I suppose they are most likely will have slightly different firmware but hey cant hurt to try
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Mentor

Google cache from a Dutch webshop page, since removed:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...e+numark+4trak

Google translated:

Product:
    Numark DJ mixer 4Trak four decks and MIDI Controller

General:
    It is again Numark that comes with an amazing controller. 4Trak This is a four-deck DJ MIDI controller that has a special, separate FX unit. A similar combination we saw earlier in the Numark NS7, which was later released with a separate FX unit. Apparently, there was demand for a controller with that intent, which was developed 4Trak now!

Hardware and software, analog and digital united
    The 4Trak is the ultimate combination of both hardware and software. Based on the available material we clearly see that different inputs and outputs are present on this multifunctional controller. In addition, it is obvious that an internal audio interface is present. The online manual that we have seen, also shows that there is a full Native Instruments Traktor version 2 is included, which you can get started.

Four Decks principle and interface 4Trak
    The Numark 4Trak is a four deck controller with two physical decks onboard. By means of switches on the front deck A and C are left select, B and D are the right selection. You also have various settings including the crossfadercurve.

But that's not all. The 4Trak the special FX unit on board. Not only acts as an effects unit, but also makes the unit the link to your software possible with the USB input and output. This is a standard protocol shared between your USB MIDI DJ software, the FX unit and 4Trak. The interface has a 44.1 kHz 24-bit Audio Interface and shall include XLR outputs on the master. It is clear that this is a full controller, which also can serve as a mixer with analog sources.

Specifications:
    - Full MIDI DJ Controller + analog mixer in a
    - Four decks deck system with two physical
    - Distribution via four decks A and B + C + D conversion
    - Possibility to connect analog sources
    - Two microphone inputs (channel C + D)
    - Analogue RCA line input per channel
    - Separate FX unit
    - FX unit with USB input and output
    - FX unit with three effectselectors per deck with adjustable parameters
    - FX unit with four selectable filters with adjustable parameters
    - Comes with Traktor 2 '4 Trak Edition 'software
    - Large jog wheels
    - With touch-sensitive strip search
    - Extended loop functions
    - Five per deck hotcues set
    - Easy to use sync function
    - Grid markers to beat grid points in Traktor set
    - Three-band EQ per channel
    - 'Cruise' button with auto-mix option
    - Microphone jack: 6.35mm jack
    - Headphone jack: 3.5mm and 6.35mm jack
    - Jack line input: RCA (RCA)
    - Master output: balanced XLR or unbalanced RCA
    - Booth Output: RCA unbalanced
    - On / off switch
    - 12V DC power via included adapter
    - Built-in 24-bit 44.1 kHz audio interface
    - Frequency range: 25 to 20,000 Hz
    - Dimensions: 605 x 381 x 89 mm
    - Weight: 7.17 kg

Warranty:
    This product gives you 2 years warranty.

I have an ns6, I actually just got it a month ago. I was so torn between traktor and the ns6 and went with the ns6. I'd love to try the mapping out. Can I download a free trial of traktor to test this out? I hope this just ends up being an add on fx bar (like for the ns7) that comes with an overlay and mapping for traktor. I just can't see them producing 2 seperate of te same units. One for serato and one for traktor.

Tech Convert

Hey there
    i got a ns6. will try out the 4trak map in traktor when i got home...
    would be nice if it worked and numark would sell the tilt stand alone for ns6 users.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast