Traktor Pro & Traktor 2 Performance challenges
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Pro & Traktor 2 Performance challenges

Good day to all,
    I'm facing a challenge with my Traktor Pro,and Traktor 2 performance.Ever since the last installation,and while i am using the, applications, they seem to hick up.
    For example i'm loading tracks into the decks and when i start to play the songs the music can be heard, but every 2 -4 secs the application freezes and a gap can be heard.
    In order to make sure if this gap can be heard, in the recording process, i attempt to record a session. After recording a short session, i listen to it, and i realize, that this gap or hick up idiom, does not appear on the record process.
    This problem,it really worries me,as i cannot use the programs like before.
    I was thinking that this might be the O\S(Windows Vista) or the Processor(Intel Core 2 Quad @2.40Ghz),but it really make me change my thought, due to the fact, that the recording result is excellent.If there was an O\S or Processor case,both functions would be affected!
    I need your help, and a possible tip, in order to resolve this challenge,and start using the applications,in a normal way.
    Thank you, and looking forward for your replies

P.S:Im using traktor pro,and Traktor 2 with, Audio 4 DJ sound card, and Vestax VCI-100SE

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ManolisP View Post
    If there was an O\S or Processor case,both functions would be affected!

P.S:Im using traktor pro,and Traktor 2 with, Audio 4 DJ sound card, and Vestax VCI-100SE
    What's the basis of that claim? All I can tell from your post is that the audio coming out of the speaker (or headphones) has gaps but not the recorded file.

Maybe not the case with your problem but are you hearing "very short" gaps? Because from my experience, audio drop-outs, when recorded internally, get spliced, so you wouldn't hear a gap per se.

Tech Wizard

Good afternoon my friend,
    You are correct!The sound, that comes out from the speakers,and the headphones has gaps, and this is do irritating.
    My recorded session,does not appear to have any gaps, it's fine.

Tech Wizard

All i want is just get rid of these gaps, in order to be able to listen the songs, amd mix my sounds clearly without gaps,stops, etc etc

Tech Mentor

Well... Could be a number of reasons but I would try (1) downgrading the audio driver, (2) setting the buffer to 256 or 512 samples, (3) disconnecting any external displays if you have, (4) the often said "turn off multi-core support" - though I don't personally know whether this helps or not, (5) disabling any virtual cable apps (like jack) if you are running. Sounds like a tech support question too so you might have better luck searching/asking in the Native Instruments forum.

Tech Wizard

I C,
    I aslready contact the the NI support,and i m waiting for their reply actually.
    Question...where i can set the buffer from 256 to 512 samples?

Tech Guru

Try turning off multi processor support in Traktor.

Tech Wizard

Where can i locate the multiprocessor support on traktor?

Tech Guru

Settings -> Audio Setup -> Enable Multi-Core Processor Support

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ManolisP View Post
    I C,
    I aslready contact the the NI support,and i m waiting for their reply actually.
    Question...where i can set the buffer from 256 to 512 samples?
    In the same place as "multi-core processor support" but since you don't know where it is, it's probably 512 (default) to start with...

Hope things work for you~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast