OK I'm new to serato, but renaming crates shouldn't be this hard?
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Tech Guru Sherlock Ohms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,596

    Default OK I'm new to serato, but renaming crates shouldn't be this hard?

    I feel like an utter tit for having to ask, but how on earth do you rename crates on Serato? I can't even seem to delete the damn things once I create them.

    Though it was originally due to not having my SL1 box plugged in, but that wasn't it - I've tried right clicking for a context men, but it doens't seem to do anything

    a little help ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

  2. #2
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Hold control it think .. Just like holding shift and ledt or right to load decks

    Or go to setup and see if ur library is protected
    Last edited by jsa83; 01-05-2012 at 06:58 AM.
    2 Technics M5Gs - 4 Technics mk2s - Novation Dicers - Rane Sixty-two - Monster Beats By Dre. Pro - KrK Rokit 6s - Avid Mini box - Pro Tools - Pioneer DDJ SX - Novation Twitch

  3. #3
    Tech Mentor Nick Bike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    124

    Default

    double click to rename, ctrl/cmnd + delete to erase them
    2013 Vancouver Red Bull Thre3style champ

    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | SOUNDCLOUD | INSTAGRAM

  4. #4
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Bike View Post
    double click to rename, ctrl/cmnd + delete to erase them
    This.

    Also, all crates are saved in your Music -> Serato folder. You can go back and replace them if you delete one by mistake. You can also delete, and remame them there as well.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

  5. #5
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    I feel like an utter tit for having to ask, but how on earth do you rename crates on Serato? I can't even seem to delete the damn things once I create them.

    Though it was originally due to not having my SL1 box plugged in, but that wasn't it - I've tried right clicking for a context men, but it doens't seem to do anything

    a little help ...
    Make sure you don't have the "Protect Library" option checked in the setup menu. If that option is checked, then you can't rename/edit/delete crates or tracks.

    Also FYI, Scratch Live doesn't have any right click/contextual menus anywhere (except if you use the 57, but that's only for the hardware panel to reassign functions).

  6. #6
    Tech Guru Sherlock Ohms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konix View Post
    Make sure you don't have the "Protect Library" option checked in the setup menu. If that option is checked, then you can't rename/edit/delete crates or tracks.

    Also FYI, Scratch Live doesn't have any right click/contextual menus anywhere (except if you use the 57, but that's only for the hardware panel to reassign functions).
    AHA!

    I had it protected.

    Cheers guys, problem solved.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

  7. #7
    Tech Guru Bassline Brine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,818

    Default

    It's nice having that checked when you are actually mixing though, I've changed the names of some stuff a couple of times just trying to select tunes. Pain in the ass lol.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •