Cntrl:r
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cntrl:r

Tech Mentor

Default Cntrl:r

Midi Fighters Bigger Badder Brother that took steroids for a few too many years?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=HZNBpOs3EjA
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

looks like it is being wasted on traktor, it would be much better at mixing 4 stems of two tracks for the ultimate minimal mix experience

[youtube]HZNBpOs3EjA[/youtube]
    Last edited by synthet1c; 01-05-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

It makes sense controlling sample decks, not main tracks. The video is pretty thin on content/functionality. Maybe they just wanted to show how it lights up?
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

Tech Wizard

Definitely agree with you there Synthet1c. With a little step sequencer action at the bottom for when you fancy getting fruity with the blips and clicks!

This really makes me want beatport to start selling stems from tracks from big artists. I don't understand why this hasn't happened in a bigger way, especially after so many artists have stated that they beleived in a culture of music whereby music was free (I certainly wouldn't mind paying btw) and everyone could reinvent it and develop others musical ideas.
    2014 MBP Retina 15" / Maschine Studio / MM-1 / 2x X1 Mk2 / A2DJ / Rokit 5's

imho stem will never be sold in bulk, a few producers will get on board, but artists never will, because if they do they are selling thier individual sound that they spent years developing. Even when you get producer packs you never get the real sounds of the most current music, only sounds from 2 - 3 years ago.

Honestly I don't blame them, because it prevents oversaturation of one sound and encourages creativity and development of skills.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

I see your guys view on the controller but me personally am excited about this. I can basically take my production live for happy hardcore. Like i switched from Traktor to ableton when i dj and I have never looked back. I mean I have Ms Pinkys so i can use jog wheels off my DN SC2000. And right now I have an APC20 but like all the controls on this is appealing to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

That is a nice looking controller.

Knobs, buttons, faders - what more do you want?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I think this could be the product that converts me from DJ sets to Live sets.

Plus a uc 33-e maybe for more controls.
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro 9

@Patch: lets not forget 4x3 push-encoders with lightrings
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

yup, those encoders are actually the part that makes this really stand out in functionality and possibilities.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast