Livid Instruments CNTRL:R
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Livid Instruments CNTRL:R

Finally a controller that makes since.

http://lividinstruments.com/hardware_cntrlr.php

saw this the other day looks pretty good... richie hawtin helped design it aparently
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by JuanSOLO View Post
    Finally a controller that makes since.

http://lividinstruments.com/hardware_cntrlr.php

Since when?

Yeah, it looks pretty nice...only $699 too, but no soundcard - just midi control, and no jogs or cross fader or touch strip...
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

I would be interested to try this out with the bridge with serato and ableton...
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

looks like a sweet-ass controller. I've messed around with LI gear before and it's top-notch goodness. If I could have the same thing but cut in half with just the endlesss encoders i'd consider dropping coin.

I've owned a Ohm64 and I really didn't like the pads/buttons on them. They had quite a long travel and also felt wobbly as the rubber pads where about 1 cm long of which about half sits in the controller itself with lots of spacing. Knobs were alright except there was distance between the knob and the plate and the faders were ok too, but not comparable with faders on a mixer.

I really like the layout and ideas on most of the Livid controllers, just don't like the materials they're made of.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Tech Guru

I'm loving this thing...if i ever find one used for 500 then i will pick it up for sure

step sequencer looks awesome for live performance and they finally got rid of the crossfader which never fit in this controller because nobody mixed with music that required a crossfader...

Seems like they have finally found their nitch in the flooded controller market, i would love to try one out.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SherpaPsy View Post
    ...but no soundcard - just midi control, and no jogs or cross fader or touch strip...
    exactly.

However I see this controller as a perfect companion for Ableton Live's drumRacks, although I wish they would have made velocity/aftertouch drumpads. I wasn't thinking DJ controller so much. I dont come to this site as much as I used to, I forget it's less controllerism these days and more standard DJ stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanSOLO View Post
    exactly.

However I see this controller as a perfect companion for Ableton Live's drumRacks, although I wish they would have made velocity/aftertouch drumpads. I wasn't thinking DJ controller so much. I dont come to this site as much as I used to, I forget it's less controllerism these days and more standard DJ stuff.
    Oh yeah...for sure its looks like an awesome live production controller.
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SherpaPsy View Post
    no jogs or cross fader
    That's the best part by far

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast