Staton Str8-150 help
    Tech Convert

Default Staton Str8-150 help

I bought one of these second hand today. It is in great condition but the platter is scraping and it won't start properly. I think the spindle is too low and when I lift and wrap an elastic band below it, all is fine.

Can you look at these pics if you are an owner and see if anything is obviously missing

Cheers. I have not included the elastic band pic but it is wrapped under the brass part of the spindle (which lifts up)

Tech Mentor

If it makes it work i'd simply shim it with washers?

Tech Convert

you can see in the last pic, there is a silver washer under the brass one. Are there supposed to be more? Not sure how I'd go about fitting another. Any ideas?

Tech Convert

I've replaced the laccy band with some ptfe as it was spoiling the pitch lock and it's good now ghetto style. Will get around to a washer later.

Can't grumble, the deck cost me £95 and they have also said they will knock a bit more off for the platter issue (I got it from a seizure of goods sale!)

Tech Mentor

£95 for a STR8 is pretty amazing, how on earth did you manage to find it?

I'm torn between buying cdj's and TT's just now; I've got a scratch2 upgrade for the S4 which is waiting to be installed........

Tech Convert

It was on ebay but didn't attract a great deal of interest which was lucky for me. Won the auction with £124 and then got it down to 95 when they discovered the stylus was snapped. Thanks Cheshire police!