Controller For Reason 4.0
    Tech Wizard

Default Controller For Reason 4.0

I'm planning on replacing my "generic" studio midi controller (currently using an older & bulky roland xp-80 workstation which primarily controls Reason 4.0) with something that is much smaller & better mapped out to Reason with velocity sensitive pads and faders etc. I run Reason inside Ableton Live 7 (just pre ordered the MPC 40 for Ableton). Would anyone have any good suggestions as to a good match for this studio setup w Reason? (I've been eying the soon to be released M-audio Axiom Pro series...Any drawbacks with Axiom series...Is there something that may be a "better" match)
    Thanks for any input!
    Live: Mac [2.4Duo/4Gb Ram/250Gb/10.7.5 OS], S4, F1, MF Spectra, Traktor Pro 2, Motu Ultralite
    Production: Ableton Suite 8, Novation Remote 49SLMKII, Various Plugins, Arturia MiniBrute, TB303 [Devilfish Mod], Doepfer Dark Energy, Quasimidi 309, AT4047, Mackie 1202vlz, Event 20/20 Monitors

Tech Wizard

I think a very good choice would be a Novation Remote Zero SL or the new Zero SL Mk II, which however has just 1 display and is more expensive, but has leds, bigger faders and touch-sensivity.
    I own the MK1 and I'm really happy with it.

I use the axiom 49 (not pro) and it works good. Pre-mapped to the keyboards presets.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

novation zero sl
    f0tif0

If you're looking at the Novation Zwero SL, you might as well check out the Bitstream 3x as well: http://www.waveidea.com/en/products/bitstream_3x/.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

Tech Mentor

My Axiom 25 works fine, all that pads work sweet. Reason has the Auto Map feature now but I just map synth control on rotaries as I go, otherwise the pads are all configured in Redrum or you just octave up for Dr Rex or NNXT.

I would like to try an SL out.
    Macbook 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, Presonus Firebox, X-Session Pro, Behringer BCR2000, Technics RPDJ-1200's.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by f0tif0 View Post
    novation zero sl

+1 - The MkII looks the dogs bollocks.