S4 Troubles. Help me out here!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default S4 Troubles. Help me out here!

Ok, so last night I had a gig for 4 hours. Brought my S4 with me and put on a nasty set. Everything was great and everyone loved me! Screaming my DJ name! Felt awesome. THEN, of course something had to go wrong. Some idiot with a beer was drunk and came to my booth and started saying how i was amazing and stuff and then he dropped his can on my S4 and it got all inside it! You don't know how angry I was. So first i punched the kid in the face, beat the crap out of him, got him kicked out, and the party ended. Right when it did I tried drying it off as much as I can. I wake up today, it works for 5 seconds, then it glitches out. The crossfader on the software jiggles everywhere, the left jogwheel doesn't work. Sometimes it doesn't even turn on properly. Obviously I have to send it in. I got it, however, from Guitar Center, still have the receipt and I got warranty for it I believe. So, do I submit a NI Ticket? Or do i just go to guitar center and turn it in. What would they do also? Give me a new one? Sorry for writing a whole paragraph i feel that i had to add some emphasis due to my anger. Thanks for helping!

BTW: Offtopic, is there a way to change your username? thanks.

i would have cared about my stuff first before doing anything with the guy..
    dont let anybody that near (beer/glas over) your setup!!

i must say, you shouldnt have connected it right away. it needs time to dry (not talking about the nasty left overs from the beer on the pcb). at least a whole day better two.

put it in a warm place to dry completely and try it again. otherwise i would try exchanging it at GC..

regarding the username: write a pm to a moderator (tekki, jesC, photojojo,...)
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    i would have cared about my stuff first before doing anything with the guy..

i must say, you shouldnt have connected it right away. it needs time to dry (not talking about the nasty left overs from the beer on the pcb). at least a whole day better two.

put it in a warm place to dry completely and try it again. otherwise i would try exchanging it at GC..

regarding the username: write a pm to a moderator (tekki, jesC, photojojo,...)
    i was just in a rage -.- and ok thanks bro!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    Easier said than done. People sneak up on me all the time. The worst is when you have your set-up basically on the dancefloor.....people like to try and leave half full drinks on your table all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    Easier said than done. People sneak up on me all the time. The worst is when you have your set-up basically on the dancefloor.....people like to try and leave half full drinks on your table all the time.
    Ik i get that too! Totally just move it like at least a good 30 feet away from my booth lmao

Having lost a laptop in similar circumstances (except I didn't kick off) one word

Insurance

I don't quite get how people can 1000s of £$s worth of gear to a big room full of overexcited drunk people *without* gettting their gear insured.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

You HAVe to be anal about it.

HAVE TO!

When I play at a club etc, I usually bring my own gear.
    So just before I setup, I remove ALL empty bottles and glasses from my area.

Anything that is full or half drank, I will make an effort to put back in the hands of the owner. Then NO ONE puts anything liquid near the booth.

Done. If you don;t like it......explain yourself to the bouncer or my boot.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If it were a mixer or something that you were easily able to take apart then I would tell you to clean it with isopropyl alcohol. Since it's an S4 though I think you're screwed, especially since you didn't let it dry out sufficiently. You can try and contact NI and see if they can clean it. If they laugh at you and it's just not working then my last step would be to dunk the whole thing in an isopropyl alcohol bath. It might not work and it might screw something up even worse, but if it's not working anyway it's worth a try.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Is it that hard to open it up and clean out with a can of electrical board cleaner?

Seems like a real tight setup inside it.

I feel for you bro....my VCI-100 went balls up one day too....out of the blue.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Is it that hard to open it up and clean out with a can of electrical board cleaner?

Seems like a real tight setup inside it.

I feel for you bro....my VCI-100 went balls up one day too....out of the blue.

Tried the alcohol method photojojo. Nothing happened. So im just going to go turn it in to GC today and see if they give me a new one. I got 2 year coverage on it so i should be on the safe side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast