anyone using AACGain to adjust levels with their itunes files?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default anyone using AACGain to adjust levels with their itunes files?

i downloaded aacgain so i could set the gain levels in all of my itunes files to match all of the other MP3 i buy from other sites...

i was reading the readme file and didn't like what i read...

anyone else using this program? any issues?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

I did it to my collection with MP3Gain awhile back.

Worst mistake I've ever done. I now have to go back and try to re-buy/re-download/re-find a bunch of tracks because of it.

Note: I did this before I was actually mixing. As "prep" or so I thought at the time.

Forget about trying to modulate the gains with prep. Just use the gain knob while you're in the mix.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

i have used mp3 and soundforge to raise the levels of MP3s that needed it...no issues...

i believe alot of people on here have used mp3gain with no issues...

unless you are talking about the aacgain aspect of it...because of what i read i didnt feel to encouraged to try it...unless i made duplicates of all the itunes tracks...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    Forget about trying to modulate the gains with prep. Just use the gain knob while you're in the mix.

Good advice.

If you're using the music you've purchased for mixing this is preferred: even normalised you could end up playing on a bung system that'd require you to adjust gain manualy in any case. Best you've had the practice already.

Also, you wouldn't want to introduce any artefacts to the audio.

If you're simply listening to them, pretty certain iTunes has a normalisation function, which uses the first track played as the benchmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Johbremat View Post
    Good advice.

If you're using the music you've purchased for mixing this is preferred: even normalised you could end up playing on a bung system that'd require you to adjust gain manualy in any case. Best you've had the practice already.

Also, you wouldn't want to introduce any artefacts to the audio.

If you're simply listening to them, pretty certain iTunes has a normalisation function, which uses the first track played as the benchmark.
    I've been playing for 20 years...i didnt come here for a lesson...

i thought the aac gain app had some bugs .. dunno have not used it myself.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    I did it to my collection with MP3Gain awhile back.

Worst mistake I've ever done. I now have to go back and try to re-buy/re-download/re-find a bunch of tracks because of it.
    mp3 gain can be undone mate, simply drag all your toons back in and select undo gain. Easy.

@Kieth, sorry but I have not used aacgain so can not offer any input on the subject. I just was curious which is why I checked the thread.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Tech Mentor

transcodes are bad

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    mp3 gain can be undone mate, simply drag all your toons back in and select undo gain. Easy.

@Kieth, sorry but I have not used aacgain so can not offer any input on the subject. I just was curious which is why I checked the thread.
    you can't undo the aacgain though...which is what i didnt like...

Tech Mentor

mp3gain/replaygain adjusts tracks' gain in increments of 1.5db. traktor's autogain uses finer 0.1db increments. therefore, imo, there's no point bothering with mp3gain unless you're doing it for purposes other than digital DJing.

assuming aacgain does the same thing as mp3gain, it has the potential to be a waste of time as well.
    Last edited by rgtb; 01-12-2012 at 03:42 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast