Numark Mixtrack pro & VD7 Pro
    Tech Convert

Default Numark Mixtrack pro & VD7 Pro

Does anyone know how the pitch adjustments sliders on the numark mixtrack pro can be adjusted so that the curve is not so wide (sensitive) using VDJ config mapping? Im currently using VDJ 7 PRO. The pitch sliders are so sensitive that bending pitch is a bitch, can i just change the factory setting values or do i need to assign new keys?

When your using the VirtualDJ 7 skin look just above the pitch sliders and you will see a percentage, this represents how much faster/ slower the track will be at both ends of the fader. Click on the number to change it, the smaller the number the less sensitive it will be.

Tech Convert

Thanks alot man..i feel like a right idiot, although late last night i managaed to find the settings for this in the config. I forgot to add, is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut for the channel gains on VD7, as the numark mixtrack pro doesnt have these. I had a look at the keyboard shortcuts and i cant seem to find keys for them.

Not sure if you can map the keyboard in LE, but if you can I would map 3 keys

reset gain to 0db
    deck default set_gain 0

lower gain
    deck default gain -0.01

raise gain
    deck default gain +0.01

"if -/+0.01 is too sensitive to notice the knob move you can increase the value eg -/+0.05"

or if you want to get a little more tricky you could map it so you only have 2 buttons, if you press both you will reset the gain to 0db, otherwise they will lower and raise the gain as normal, that would be something like

lower gain
    var 'higher' ? deck default set_gain 0 : deck default gain -0.01 & set 'lower' while_pressed

raise gain
    var 'lower' ? deck default set_gain 0 : deck default gain -0.01 & set 'higher' while_pressed

this mapping will work on the deck currently being listened to in pfl, you can change "deck default" to either "deck left" or "deck right" if you want to specifically map commands to buttons

mapping options in vdj pro are pretty much endless, and are only going to get more advanced in vdj8 with the merge of djdecks which actually has endless mapping capabilities! I'm pretty excited by its iminent release
    Last edited by synthet1c; 01-07-2012 at 03:28 AM. Reason: what eva! what eva! I'll do what I wownt
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!