Can the forum setting be changed so posts/threads can be edited indefinitely?

Default Can the forum setting be changed so posts/threads can be edited indefinitely?

I'm mainly thinking for stuff like the show your setup forum where it would be useful to be able to edit the original post at any time, since currently it seems like you can't make any edits to a post after it is a week or so old and it would be nice to have the original post up to date in case people don't want to scroll through an entire thread.

Thats what the "Setup Updates" thread is for. The idea is the mods can keep up with your changing setup and update your thread.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

That's assuming a mod updates it

Just seems easier if thread edits were allowed and in general elsewhere in the forum it could be useful too and there are instances where I've really wanted to update threads- example the big ikea thread. Not sure I see the point of limiting edits to a certain time frame.

start a petition
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "