HELP useless FX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP useless FX

Tech Convert

Exclamation HELP useless FX

Hey there, I am using TP2 with a Kontrol S4 and a MIDI Fighter. I love my Midi Fighter but it practically renders my S4's fx units useless for a couple of reasons.
    -Any fx you have loaded will disappear when you use The MIDI Fighter.
    -The buttons you use to select which fx unit you want each deck to use don't work.
    I was wondering if there is anyway of making it so my S4 either has priority over the MIDI Fighter or if I can make it so when the Midi Fighter is not being used the fx revert back to what ever I had preselected. The Midi fighter already can change them to the effects it uses so I thought "why cant it change them back"
    I also was thinking is there a way of mapping the Midi fighter so on release of a button it will switch back to a selected fx?
    Thanks all help is over appreciated :P DJ SAVAGE

Same question here!!!!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Tech Mentor

If you go into your controller settings under Kontrol S4 you can set the 3 different effects as default...to access default you press Shift + button under the dry/wet knob and it will revert to what you want.
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

Tech Convert

Default Thank you:)

SO MUCH LOVE TOWARDS YOU! and over appreciation! Thank God for forums!

Wow thx!!!!!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

ok soooo what if i dont have the s4 but only the X1, i dont see that setting...

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    ok soooo what if i dont have the s4 but only the X1, i dont see that setting...
    The X1 has that functionality as default too, only difference is you have to tweak the mapping to change the fx you want to be recalled by those buttons.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

is there a way of mapping the Midi fighter so on release of a button it will switch back to a selected fx?
    Add in > FX Unit > Effect selector / type-button / interaction-direct / value-effect from MF mapping
    Add in > FX Unit > Effect selector / type- button / set interaction-inc >check 'Invert' > set interaction direct / value-effect from S4

So, if I use this, i can have my 4Trak fx bar set to the macro fx and then when i use my MF3D with instant grat once i release the button itll put the fx slots back to the macro fx so my 4Trak's fx bar is still the way i like it!?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Correct. You can set any of listed effect so it should work for macro effects as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast