Korg NanoKontrol 2 not recognised!
    Tech Student

Default Korg NanoKontrol 2 not recognised!

Just wondering if anyone out there may be able to help on this one:

I've plugged the NanoKontrol 2 into my laptop but it's not being picked up as a USB device. It lights up, so it must be alive, but that's about it.

The NanoKontrol 2 shows up in Sounds,Video & Games controllers, but it doesn't show in the HID list as a USB device.

Korg Controller Editor shows no connections & no DAW software is finding it (Live 8 or Cubase 4.5) or Traktor Pro 2

I've installed the latest driver tools 1.13 & I'm using Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

I've uninstalled the drivers and re-installed but to no avail.

Any help / advice out there would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Tech Convert

Default solution

i had a similar problem, even the korg control editor did not recognized the nanokontrol2. Just uninstall the korg driver and let windows use its own driver since its class compliant. When it asks you to delete the driver, delete it. Dont use the korg's drivers. hope this helps. my os is win7 32bit.

Tech Student

Default Help?

This is the exact same problem that i have! I tried what you said, but even then, nothing changed...

Please help me?
    Thanks!

Tech Convert

try using a different usb cable or pc, again dont use the korg drivers. If problems persists, please consult the doctor... oops hehehe. Return the product if doesnt work.
    DN-X1500, 2 x DN-HS5500, DjTech Imix Reload, Numark DJ2GO, Korg NanoKontrol2, Technics RP-DH1200, Sennheiser HD 215-II, American Audio HP 550, 4 x behringer ufo/uca202. ubuntu 11.04, Xwax 1.0, acer aspire 5570, 3gb ram.

Faderfox DJ3 --- Awesome!!!

I was having the same problem. I'm running Win7 x64. Just uninstalling the driver from add remove programs didn't work for me. I went into the Korg folder in Program Files (x86) and went to the uninstall file in there. Run it and it allows you check and uncheck the midi ports that are associated with the nanokontrol2. Check every one that mentions the nanonkontrol (you can scroll down) and delete them. Then when you plug in the nanokontrol it will say it uninstalled incorrectly but it will work.

Hope this helps.