If you torrent your music and you use it in a for profit manner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default If you torrent your music and you use it in a for profit manner

you are a fucking thief and a piece of shit on top of it. You realize that you are stealing tools, right?
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

What if you use the "profit" do buy kit?

I'm not feeding my family with it, I have a real job for that.

no, not at all, you are not paying for the right to use it...whatever makes you feel better about it, but it's theft plain and simple. Would you steal records from the record store, no because it has a high risk vs the reward, torrenting stuff is extremely low risk for essentially the same reward, I'd have a bunch more respect (not that it's much) for the guy who has the heart to go and steal physical media, you both are fucking thieves, but he's got a bit more balls.

The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.

And sorry for the negative post all, this has been on my mind for a bit as I just had about 6000.00 dollars worth of tools stolen off of one of my trucks so I'm in a foul foul mood about this...

dang mike...feeling passionate today?

even if you do torrent (i don't) you have to wade through so much trash that it just doesn't seem worth it...i have seen some of the download packs on demonoid and it just looks like a bunch of garbage to me...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by bigheadmikelove View Post
    you are a fucking thief and a piece of shit on top of it. You realize that you are stealing tools, right?
    I dont know you, but id bet (maybe wrongly) that you might have done one of the following: have a couple of pirate DVD movies, have driven without a seatbelt, fiddled your taxes a little, drank alcohol when underage, taken illegal drugs and so on.

Im using your good self as an example, maybe your the perfect citizen. If so thats great. However, I do feel that people can be very hypocritical with regards to the torrent music issue.

Maybe you pissed because your stuff got nicked. which is a bummer by the way and Im sorry for that.

What im getting at is I wonder how many people who are anti torrent have copy movies and so on.

@Keith - I'm just feeling frustrated, the wife is away at a seminar, the kids are at their grandparents, work just picked up and now I have a truck down. Also I look at all these "semi-pro djs" that get work and I just wonder how many of them buy their tunes, it is killing genres before they get started up, especially in dance music. Seriously, it pretty much wiped out alot of great labels in the early 2000s (Hooj is the prime example) and I want to make a mix of classic prog house and trance, but because of jackasses torrenting the fuck out of great music the label isn't putting out high quality mp3s of their back catalogue so I can't get a 320 of alot of stuff I want for my mixes, I could go and search out a torrent but I just can't bring myself to steal...I guess it's a personal thing...

Quote Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
    I dont know you, but id bet (maybe wrongly) that you might have done one of the following: have a couple of pirate DVD movies, have driven without a seatbelt, fiddled your taxes a little, drank alcohol when underage, taken illegal drugs and so on.
    other than the pirate dvd movies, which in my mind is not a victimless crime, everything else you brought up is victimless crime... I am by no means perfect, but I just can't abide 2 things thieves and liars. And no I don't steal music movies games comics etc etc I don't look at it as sharing and I don't look at it as OK because (as I have seen said as a valid excuse for torrenting copyrighted materials) "I can't afford it, should I be denied the ability to see art also" which in all reality, it's shitty that you can't afford it and don't get to see that specific artwork, but yes, the artists shouldn't make it and have you see it without getting their fee...it's life, I think sometimes that the work I do (Oilfield construction) is akin to high artwork (Seriously, I'm the fucking Van Gogh of pipe), but I would just quit working if the fruits of my labors weren't making me any money...

i don't know about you...but i used to pay 11 bucks for imports and 6 bucks for domestic...for singles...

99 cents? 1.29? 1.49? no problemo...

Quote Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
    that is such a poor argument...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast