Midi Controller: Novation Twitch a waste of money?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Midi Controller: Novation Twitch a waste of money?

I'm in the market for a new midi controller to upgrade from my Hercules MP3 E2 to something better with a built in soundcard. I really like the Novation Twitch but I've been hearing of concerns about the soundcard it comes with having way too low of an output volume. The Twitch is $450 on Amazon.com so that pretty much is the most I want to spend. I've done a bunch of research but I'm still unsure.

My question to you guys:
    How bad is the sound output and is it a deal breaker?
    Any other concerns with the Twitch?
    For the $450 price range any other controllers you would recommend instead?
    House/Electro House
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DJGoodSamaritan
    My Blog: http://musicoverpeople.com

Tech Mentor

The sound isn't bad at all. The only issue is if you plug straight into the P.A. system of a club, and even then they can just up the speaker volume. A lot of what I've read is the slightly below average sound output, and then you have DJ's failing to realize they can just turn the volume up on the mixer that you plug the controller into, or change the output via Serato.

The great thing about the twitch is it's portability. It is light and small, yet just as powerful as any other controller on the market. Plus the fact that it's bus powered makes it easy to set up.

Tech Mentor

meh.. i have it. i wish i saved the $390 i paid. i can't figure out how to output it to my mix. i have an rca cable with two 1/4 adapters at the end on the cable to connect into the TWITCH but its not working. why couldn't they make the connection to master out the same as the booth out. any one have this problem or solved it? ..
    2 Technics M5Gs - 4 Technics mk2s - Novation Dicers - Rane Sixty-two - Monster Beats By Dre. Pro - KrK Rokit 6s - Avid Mini box - Pro Tools - Pioneer DDJ SX - Novation Twitch

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jsa83 View Post
    meh.. i have it. i wish i saved the $390 i paid. i can't figure out how to output it to my mix. i have an rca cable with two 1/4 adapters at the end on the cable to connect into the TWITCH but its not working. why couldn't they make the connection to master out the same as the booth out. any one have this problem or solved it? ..
    what software are you using?

Tech Mentor

serato itch.. i can connect the booth out output to my mixer but the master out doesn't work... newb question but ... does it matter if i have the 1/4 adapter in mono or stereo when connecting to the twitch? ..
    Last edited by jsa83; 01-08-2012 at 11:24 PM.
    2 Technics M5Gs - 4 Technics mk2s - Novation Dicers - Rane Sixty-two - Monster Beats By Dre. Pro - KrK Rokit 6s - Avid Mini box - Pro Tools - Pioneer DDJ SX - Novation Twitch

Tech Mentor

the red/white rca cables go to my mixer and the other goes to the twitch with the 1/4 adapters .....

not really concerned with it b/c i just use the twitch with my headphones while sitting on my couch but i'd like to play with it @ my desk some time
    Last edited by jsa83; 01-08-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Tech Guru

it soujnds like a routing issue in the software. Post up a screen grab of your settings

Tech Mentor

hmmm .... should it be mono, not stereo?...

Tech Guru

nah it should be stereo. is the master volume level up?

Tech Mentor

yup .. the master volume is up on the twitch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast