Getting Started need some advice
    Tech Convert

Default Getting Started need some advice

Hi,
    i just recently started playing around with traktor mixing house/minimal and now im thinking about buying a midi controller because i dont like using the keyboard and mouse. I've been reading this forum for the last couple of days looking for beginner gear threads and ive first narrowed them down to two options:
    Hercules DJ 4 Set 206€ -- thats pretty much as high as i can go im just a student
    Numark Mixtrack Pro 196€

now ive also come accross the Reloop Mixage (Controller Edition) for 149€ but i think it doesnt have a built in soundcard and i cant afford to buy one for now. But i have a SoundBlaster X-Fi usb (i know not ideal but ive had it for years) external sound card connected to a logitech 5.1 system (the older 140 Watt one) which ive been using for now and am pretty happy with. Plus this way i could buy a nanokontrol in a couple of weeks if I'm really enjoying this.

So what do u think is better to start out with?
    Also if i was getting one of the two more expensives ones with soundcards which will be better the one from the mixer or the soundblaster?

thanks
    Little Fill

Personally I think the mixtrack pro is the best entry level controller on a budget. It does exactly what it should, and does it well, and on a budget. I also like the fact that it is Serato Intro compatible.

I don't think you'd be unhappy if you went for that right now, and got something more down the line.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Convert

allright, I ordered the Numark cant wait now
    back to the soundcard question which will be better the one in the controller or my SB X-Fi usb card?

Tech Student

I just ordered the Numark Mixtrack found out after that it doesn't have a sound card, its for my 13yr old son, I'm trying to figure out which sound card he needs, had a few suggestions on a thread I started in the wrong forum but there are several listed there if you'd like to read it over http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44156 , My son is just getting started and I'm trying to help him build his system. What speakers are you using? Would an apm work in place of a sound card for the time being or am I totaly not seeing this right? Sorry if I'm offering more questions than suggestions but I'd appreciate someone to bounce idea off of.

This is getting expensive, first all he needed was the MIDI and some speakers now he needs a sound card, headphones, different software, and the list keeps growing.

I Hope it snows here soon so he can get out and clear some drives and make some of his own money