Top ten things you should never say to a DJ - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlaggard View Post
    im sure we thought of and said many of these in our time

24. You grab or touch equipment while the DJ is playing.
    24. You grab or touch equipment while the DJ is playing.
    24. YOU GRAB OR TOUCH EQUIPMENT WHILE THE DJ IS PLAYING.
    That shouldn't even be on the list, that should be like a party going commandment not to do that. I haven't even played live, but I can only imagine how angry I'd be if in the middle of my set some guy just walked up and started twisting knobs out of nowhere.
    My equipment: Numark Omnicontrol Midi Controller, Traktor Pro (lol pro setup right?)

Rabid Season Mix

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Rabid View Post
    That shouldn't even be on the list, that should be like a party going commandment not to do that. I haven't even played live, but I can only imagine how angry I'd be if in the middle of my set some guy just walked up and started twisting knobs out of nowhere.
    don't ever do house parties then. I set ground rules, let the pretty girls go "wikki wikki" every now and then, and just take it with grace. As long as they don't bring drinks around my stuff, the worst that can happen is a stopped track or some messed up EQ's, nothing major. Most people (read - not the stupid drunk girls) will know enough not to touch your stuff but some will. You have to take it in stride if you are at a house party. If someone really violates my space I have a friend quietly remove them from the DJ "booth" or wherever I am set up. It's not as big of a deal as people make it out to be, just be aware of your surroundings. When people make requests, smile and nod, say "I'll look for the track" and just keep on spinning. They'll get it after a minute or two. And eventually I will put their request on if I do have it.

I don't know. I found it absolutely amazing one time watching some of the promoters and crew at one of the nights I frequent messing about with Dieselboy. When he was turned around looking through his CD wallet, they messed with his EQ's and such.

He turned right around and immediately put them exactly back where he had them without a second thought.

That was impressive to me at least.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

102. You clap along loudly, but massively out of time to the tune playing.....
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

House parties are different, that's not really stressful since most of the time people are too drunk to really care anyway if something sounds wrong. I'd be more worried about my equipment getting soaked in beer
    My equipment: Numark Omnicontrol Midi Controller, Traktor Pro (lol pro setup right?)

Rabid Season Mix

Tech Guru

There is no greater sign of arrested development then when a girl asks you to play something and when you tell her you don't have it she gives you a powty face. You are not an infant, you are wasted

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Rabid View Post
    Dude I've seen a kid hop over the booth and start scratching the deck, vinyl technics........ on straight records. It was Justin longs set in Chicago at Smartbar......obviously he was thrown out immediately but still people are so retarded. Imagine he broke your needle or gouged up your record.....

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    There is no greater sign of arrested development then when a girl asks you to play something and when you tell her you don't have it she gives you a powty face. You are not an infant, you are wasted
    this!

--------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

I got told on Saturday by a 16 year old that I was going to be sued because my music didn't have enough swearing in it. I told her if she could get the case to go to court I'd gladly pay what ever she was going to sue me for.
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast