VDJ PRO once again has "FREE" DMX lighting integration

Default VDJ PRO once again has "FREE" DMX lighting integration

for anyone who runs a mobile business that uses dmx lighting, SBDJ has just released version 1.2 of his freestyler plugin. Version 1 sends beatgrid information to freestylers s2l "sound to light" input, so your lights are in time with the beat. This new version however also allows you to send messages via vdj's internal script language to freestyler to control it's functions for things like changing lighting scenes.

This version even lets you to send the information over a wireless network from your main laptop running VDJ to say a netbook running your light show.

Scott also has plans to release the next version which will be able to send commands to freestyler at predesignated cues in the track.

With this type of integration of dmx you can go from having a room full of lights randomly flashing, to a beatsynced purpose designed light show that will capture your audiances attention, couple that with vdj's video capabilities and you have one powerful show

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/1371...reeStyler.html

there is also talk of incorperating perspective transformed graphics and video

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/1586...transform.html

don't know what that is? then check this out, although it would be on a much smaller scale
    [youtube]k8-nKiqv6HM[/youtube]
    Last edited by synthet1c; 01-09-2012 at 05:16 AM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Unfortunately, that requires me to ditch traktor :/
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

imho the only thing traktor has that vdj doesn't (either workaround or native) is a cool name, everything else I have been able to do. but the list is pretty long of what vdj can do that traktor cant...

they won't let me watch the video above :/

i never liked virtual dj. it's actually what i started spinning on. i plan to play fully in ableton once i got a descent alternative to the waveform, cuepoints and beatjumping in traktor.

i've just discovered this, which does about the same in ableton, if i understand right:

http://www.theimpersonalstereo.com/software/dmax/
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown
    LAZERNOIZE Latest Gig Recording (50Min. of Trap+Dubstep)

dmax looks like it could be amazing when finished, I will definately keep my eye on it as my mate is a great producer he would be very interested in this for his live shows, thanks for the link. But I'm just a humble dj, vdj does it for me..

but vdj's one operates a little differently to dmax, vdj's is just an addon for freestyler a full dmx lighting program, it only sends the beatgrid information and hid messages to control freestyler, it looks like dmax is the lighting program sending the dmx values. directly to the lights.

not sure why the video doesn't work, it works for me

here is a different video of the same sort of thing
    [youtube]8JsO7m4b73I[/youtube]

and here is a video for venue magic, which is a paid dmx program that links with vdj, it's about $500 I believe..

[youtube]MKHAMXqy2F8[/youtube]