Microphone Doubt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Microphone Doubt

Hi so I'm now on San Diego and i get some money for christmas and i rally want a cheap powerfull mic

I have my list of good mics in a notebook that i left back in Guadalajara and I dont really know a lot about mic's

I know the Shure mic's are a good options but what about the model
    I want to record some hip hop vocals and so...
    Any suggestion to make a little list to buy buy buy tomorrow?

How cheap is cheap?

Shure SM58 is still a classic and a fair one, while a Beta 58 is a better choice.

For almost the same price you have better results with Sennheiser e835 or e845.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

I che out and the Sennheiser e835 its cheaper than the shure
    Dont get me wrong i dont want to go for the cheaper option i want a good mic that can make his work for a while
    But I dont need a super mic i just want to record some voices in some hip hop beats I'm working on and that stuff

the Sennheiser e835 its a good choice then?

I need to buy an antipop too right?
    I'm little new to this too there are classes of antipop?
    or there all the same?

I prefer the e835 to any SM58 in PA and live application anytime. Sounds warmer and more natural, also less prone to feedback.

an anti-pop filter is not a bad thing but not always mandatory. Their pricing range goes from few bucks, to hundreds. Those mic stand vouched one

are ideal.

There's some things you can do 0n the DIY side too.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Ok thank you so much real helpfull information

People like you make me come to this forum everyday and read everything jajajajaj

wow really helpful & interesting too jajaja thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Machete View Post
    wow really helpful & interesting too jajaja thanks
    If you don't want to stretch to the SM58, the Shure C606 is a good mic, sounds very similar to the SM58, and all but the most dedicated audiophiles won't be able to tell the difference. Quarter of the price, and it's still built to take a lot of punishment (it has taken everything I have thrown at it!)

Dunno how it compares (price/sound) to those Sennheisers tho.

PC/Mhac, Traktor 2, Citronic MP-X10, 2 x Kam KCD450, Behringer BCD3000, Echo Audio Layla 3G, Numark EM-460 w/Kaoss Pad, Shure C606, Carlsbro Tytan PA, Turbosound TXD121 12" Tops, Reloop RHP-20
    http://soundcloud.com/escapemcp

I look out all the stores in the malls i went
    Not even 1 shure mic not even the worst shure mic :C

I need a pair of headphones too and i get a KRK KNS 8400
    They sound pretty good
    But I can't get my mic im out of bugget
    I think i might get a Shure I don't know wich one but until i get back to work in mexico
    Im going to find out more about that Shure C606 you said escapempc

Any other testimony of the Shure C606?
    You sound pretty Shure about it jajajja

I can always purchase them online right jajjaja

You may have trouble finding a C606... they are available, but getting hard to find. The SV100 replaced the C606, it looks IDENTICAL - no difference (of course, insides may be different, but as the SV100 is more expensive than the C606, they should be at least as good, if not better).

Picture from Amazon - UK:

I think it's exactly the same mic, but Shure have rebadged it, so that they can charge a little more (the C606 was cheaper than this!).

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SV100-W-Multi-Purpose-Microphone-XLR-1/dp/B004AE3W8E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325100023&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Shure SV100-W Multi-Purpose Microphone with XLR-1/4" Cable: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31WnvXxhMUL.@@AMEPARAM@@31WnvXxhMUL[/ame]

For about $30 (from above link), you really can't go wrong. Even if you end up spending up more on a top-of-the-line mic later on, this one will still serve you well. It sounds so transparent, it will keep you going for a few years or until you've made your first million.

Final note: I read on one review that they only supply an UNBALANCED mic cable. If this is the case, you really would want to budget for a balanced cable (not much - $10 maybe)... those mic signals are so small (electronically), ANY interference would seriously degrade the quality. This is true of any condenser/dynamic mic.

PC/Mhac, Traktor 2, Citronic MP-X10, 2 x Kam KCD450, Behringer BCD3000, Echo Audio Layla 3G, Numark EM-460 w/Kaoss Pad, Shure C606, Carlsbro Tytan PA, Turbosound TXD121 12" Tops, Reloop RHP-20
    http://soundcloud.com/escapemcp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast